cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Messages stuck in SMQ2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am in a PI production landscape , a little confused and bemused as to which approach to adopt.

I see 500 plus messages in SMQ2 , and the shows RUNNING status...

The message monitoring (Integration engine shows "Waiting Status")...

I have tried to derigester and register the queue , unlock the queue.. but no effect...

WHat approach should I take here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

This is basically due to the heavy data load. Please go to Engine status in JAVA stack and check whether all the threads are occupied. If yes, then please get in touch with your Basis team and ask them to increase the number of threads for the particular adapter for which all the threads are occupied.

Doing this your problem must be resolved. Restarting the Java must be a last option.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am not Mohammed 😉

Can you tell me please how do I check whether all the threads are occupied.

Is there an URL or TCODE or something for that.

lg

Andre

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andej,

You can view the threads in the Java stack link.

Java Stack -> RWB -> Component Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Choose Engine Status Tab.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

this is abap stack  issue, Ask Basis to restart the queues.

Cheers

Hidayat

0 Kudos

Hello Hidayat,

what do you mean with "restart queue"?

You only can lock/unlock, register/unregister queues or something.

We've restarted the whole system but it didn't help.

After restart it works good but a while later (2-4h) the problem is there again.

regards

Andrej

Adarsh
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Nitin, i think if it is due to thread issue. Ideally queue status will show as ready state instead of running. But sometime i can see the queues are in running state and message status in transaction executing....but got stuck more than 4 hrs ....

😞

0 Kudos

I've tried it

please read my request from yesterday

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

the first messages in the queues have the status "Transaction executing".

When I try to execute LUW

I recieve this message: "The queue is registered and therefore cannot be activated"

lg

Andre

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Unlock the queue. Don't try to activate it.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I have posted SMQ2 Error log and status.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36367

Please check the website and report accordingly. If you require any help, please let me know. I am here to help you.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Could you please provide me the exact error message in SMQ2? If you are getting any error message related to Execute Luw. Right click one message and select execute Luw.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

0 Kudos

Hi,

was the problem solved?

I have the same trouble. Messages are stucking in several queues in SMQ2.

The queues have status RUNNING.

I've tried to unlock the queues but without success.

After restart J2EE the queues were processed but the next day the problem was there again.

regards

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Also, I request you to go through my blogs and check whether you are getting any error message related to this.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36367

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Good Day!

Please check whether it is showing to execute luw or let me know the exact error message. If it is popping up related to execute luw, Please select one by one each message and try to select execute luw it will clear all the SMQ2 messages.

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

If unlocking the queue is not working you should check if it locked by any other user. Also you can do a stack restart of both java and abap.

Thanks and best regards,

Ankit Baid

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the messages getting executed and this number decreasing?

If there a message stuck for a reason which can be parked then you can move the message to SMQ3, else try and resolve the errors.

If this is generally due to heavy volume and delay in processing, please work with your basis team to assign more system resources since these are performance issues and might be related to incorrect sizing of the system.

Please also take a look at the link below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Hope it helps!

Ambrish