Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCA: Exception management automatic email alert

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured RCA and in exeception management,RCA workcenter I am seeing the data for cancelled jobs and short dump errors..Now can I send automated email alerts for job cancelation through exception management as in system monitoring through MAI we can get only the number of cancelled jobs and not the name of the job,user etc..And through BPMON we need to specify the jobs to be monitored and not all jobs...So suggest ways  to achieve automated email alert for cancelled jobs with job details(name  of the job,user etc )

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But You can configure notification ( Email)  from Exception management cockpit. Please check page number 5 below,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/293863461/Features.pdf?modificationDate=1341491...

Just wanted to add that, we do have Job schduling managment under business process operation workcenter, where also you can monitor jobs,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Jansi,

As I said in exception management, I can manaully create email notification in the workcenter. I was looking for automated email alert notification to be triggered, Thanks for the links

Thanks,

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

I feel the best way is to go with BPmon since one option to to Monitor all Job like Something like SAP_* or just * in Bpmon but its just the same which u do in MAI monitoring all the Jobs. So my suggestion is identify the Critical Jobs and configure them in BPmon to get the detailed Alert email by using standard functionality or my setting up Badi and rest non-critical with MAI (Technical Monitoring).

BR,

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Job  monitoring will come under workcenter system monitoring -> job Monitoring

In RCA it will help to analysis the issue, not upto SP08 SAP have no setup for Alert configuration.

So plz try to setup the job monitoring in sysmon workcenter.it will give all clear details as you required

Rg,

Karthik

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

In system monitoring workcenter, I dont see any connected systems, as we did a fresh solman 7.1 installation SP8 . I guess if it's an upgarade from 7.0 to 7.1 we can see the data in system monitoring workcenter and all the system details and even job monitoring data too. Correct me if  I am wrong.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karthik,

System refresh is like copy the image from one system to another system. So if the setting or system details is not available after refresh in sysmon workcenter , u need to do the required configuration agian.

Also as per Jansi reply check the notification setup in exceptional management, Normally for monitoring the Job we are using the Job Montoring in sysmon work center.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

Thanks. I will check job monitoring through System monitoring Share some links for that.

Thanks.

Karthik.