cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error - JDBC Sender Synchronous - Message Expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is JDBC<->SOAP with Request Response Bean configured in Sender Adapter

I am observing a strange error -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catching exception calling messaging system' found, cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException

Sending query result failed with com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: senderChannel XXXXXXXXX': Catching exception calling messaging system - non recovarable error, quit adapter run (reconfigure / restart in configuration, or restart J2EE SAP JDBC adapter service)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was working fine until yesterday. The timeout or Message Expiration doesn't make any sense since I am able to use soapUI without any time out. For JDBC too response time of query when run through console it very little. Moreover everything was working fine.

Please let me know if any one has seen this error before and any resolution

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Message expired exception is generally due to timeout. It might be due to following reasons:

• Data issues due to which transaction is not getting completed (uncaught exceptions as well)
  • Firewall issues (might be ruled out in your case since it was working)
  • Performance issues in the sender or receiving system.
  • Also check if the channel is not locked in NWA.

You can also explore increasing the timeout parameter( XMBWS ) manually in the Adapter to a higher value.

I encountered this error in one of my interfaces and it turned out to be due to host name being barred by the network team due to some infrastructure change.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for response.

Full Cache Refresh solved this but I am still not sure why this issue happened at first place, there were no exceptions at the end systems - I checked logs and there were no performance bottlenecks. I am not fully aware of what is meant by channel locked in NWA. If you can share some more details, that would be helpful. Again, thanks for looking into thread..

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor.

Channel getting locked means that due to concurrent message processing, the adapter goes in an inconsistent state. The state of the channel can be viewed in NWA and if locked, it can be unlocked.

hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (0)