Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red mark shown in the SAP MMC Instance

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently I have installed the SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 and I am getting the red marks shown in the current status and open alerts.

I have changed the virtual memory size even though I cant get the solution.

Experts please advice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member203029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PG,

This solved my issue , hope this helps you

(JSTTSG)(TG)LongRunningGC - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Kaushik G

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Recently I have installed the SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 and I am getting the red marks shown in the current status and open alerts.

What is the problem ?

Do you have ABAP and Java running fine without any issues ? Else check the performance of both the stacks. A Garbage Collection is observed on all Java based systems and this is not a stranger.

I wouldn't use MMC to tune the SAP systems based on the information there.

If there is a real performance issue then review the trace files of both the stacks and tune the system.

The basic thing you need to make sure is whether the JVM memory parameters are set according to the recommendations.

Regards

RB

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have changed my JVM heap memory to 2.5 GB even though I am getting the same error.

Also I am not using for BI reporting.

Can you advice me any other solution?

Regards

G.Partheeban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the section Does my Server Have a GC Issue?  mentioned in the below blog.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/8f/7cfac9b978416cb2e3423c96817f75/content.htm

So you need to first check what are the type of the garbage collection that you see in the MMC.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have changed my JVM heap memory to 2.5 GB even though I am getting the same error.

Increasing the heap value doesn't necessarily fix the problem with garbage collection.

For J2EE systems you need to make sure that the hardware is not undersized in terms of CPU and/or Memory.

Check the memory available on the hardware with the memory assigned for the database, ABAP and the Java stack.

Bear in mind that the Java systems are sensitive when it comes to memory.

You basically need to make sure that there is sufficient memory available on the system for the memory allocation of database, ABAP and the Java stack. Don't ignore the CPU part.

As you are on Windows also make sure that the page file is sufficiently large.

If there is a need to analyse the garbage collection then I recommend you to use the MAT tool to identify where exactly the leak is.

Regards

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partheeban,

In case your system is dual stack please check whether java instance is up and running.

If it is running then you can go ahead with fine tuning of heap memory.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the heap is configured too large, the garbage collection run also takes too long. So sap therefore recommend a heap size of 2.5 GB on 64-bit systems.

Can you please let me know what is the functionality this java system handling.

This is seen usually when the Portal is used for BI reports and when user export large reports.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol