cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO Confirmation - Changing storage type alongiwith Bin -Can we?

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a regular business process, where bin is changed during
Transfer Order Confirmation.

We have requirement to change the Storage type alongwith bin
during Transfer Order Confirmation.

Could you please advise Changing of storage type during TO confirmation is feasible or not. If yes, what are the necessary config settings needed.

Regards,
Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

You cannot change the storage type during TO confirmation.

At my client site, we had the same requirement. We developed a custom RF transaction wherein once the system suggests a bin, the TO is created.

During TO confirmation, the user can go ahead and enter any storage bin (belonging to any storage type). Once he confirms, the goods will still be received in the system suggested bin. However, in the background LT10 will be run to move the stock from the system suggested bin to the user suggested bin.

Kindly close this thread if your question has been answered.

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Changing Storage type during TO confirmation is not at all possible in the standard SAP Transaction.

In my business scenario as stated in my requirement, that Stock transfer takes place in the warehouse & mostly Physical movement is there for the material except UD (Movement type 321 )

SAP Generates PCN for transfers. PCN -TO gets confirmed in the same Bin & second line item in TO is open with the same Storage type as a source storage type & we can change the destination bin during Confirmation, but not the Storage type.

As suggested by our experts that we need to write some customizing program to create a New TO with transaction LT10, We are going with this suggestion.

Regards,

Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is also another thread open

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3434905

anyway as already stated by others...it is not possible to change storage type during confirmation of TO, only bin change is possible, and this could be managed with standard customizing of storage type in WM.

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Transfer order confirmation purposes is while superviser has check the material has move out form bin or not ....this is the checking purpose only...you cannot change the storage type or bin

Transfer order purpose is you have to decide the stock has placed or Removal from storage type ( Bin) here you can change the storage type or bin is possible...

With regards

Dinesh

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh.,

You reply is not clear. Please confirm below question

Can we change storage type during TO confirmation (Putaway TO)- Yes /No.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

You could change Storage type during putaway, if you you have enabled "Dst bin ch. during confirm" in Storage Type Definition in SPRO.

LE->WM->Master Data -> Define Storage Type

Thank you,
Binu

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Binu,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are forgetting, the settings mentioned by you are within the Storage type. Its only change of bin within the storage type. Not changing of Storage type during TO confirmation.

Hope you will advise some alternate way.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish Gupta

Can we change storage type during TO confirmation (Putaway TO)- Yes /No.?

Not possible.......

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Your question "Can we change storage type during TO confirmation (Putaway TO)- Yes /No."

Answer is NO as per standard SAP.

Explanation

(1) When TO is created means system selects storage type from or in to which you are picking or put away the goods and allocate the number to the document. In other word,TO number document is associated with source and destination storage type as a primary key. It is not possible to change this primary key unless you change the TO number. Therefor if you want to change storage types in particular TO then you have no choice but to change the TO number and how to change the TO number? --------> Cancel the existing TO and create new one with desired storage type.

(2) I would advice you to concentrate more on your put-away strategy to select right storage type upfront rather than going for cancellation of TO and recreation of fresh/new TO with desired storage type manually or through custom program  later  on. If your exact requirement is trigging  at the time of physical look at the bin then either you can change the bin (for same storage type only) while confirmation of TO as explained in above forum or cancel the TO and re-create new one  with desired storage type manually. But make sure to cancel the existing TO without fail.

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Could you try and test the following steps?

1. Enable 'destination bin change' for all your storage types.

2. Create a TO for a destination BIN in STORAGE TYPE A.

3. While confirming use a destination BIN in STORAGE TYPE B.

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Binu,

Thanks for reply. I had already done this, but it gives the error  Storage bin B doesn't exist in St Type A.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

You are right,we won't be able to change the Storage Type in LT12, However if you are using a RF device to confirm the TO's, you could write the custom logic to change the storage type. I believe most of the Z transactions written for RF devices handles this functionality.

Thanks,

Binu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can only change the bin within a storage type, but not the storage type itself during confirmation.

You can change the storage type while creating the TO.

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I agreed with your reply. By the way, any reason we can not change the storage type, I mean this must be provided in the SAP Standard Deliverable.

Regards,

Manish