cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have a issue if some materials like x,y,z if these materials determined as free goods item,then system should offer 50% discount? other than these materials if any other material determined as free goods then system should offer 100% discount? How

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming that you have linked x,y,z with some other material. If we enter material A then material X will be determined as free goods and you want that when X is determined there will be 50% discount on this material. If this is so then this is not free goods because TANN will not support it. You have to modify the scneario as per your own requirement. You can achieve this from Sales BOM or free goods but with two different item categories. For this scenario make a copy of TAN lets say ZTAN and assign item categories with main item TAN and sub item ZTAN. Use a pricing requirement and Z table or Z condition and maintain materials. Validate materials via routine and if condition is true give 50% discount if not some error message or whatever you want.

For second scenario you can cater that with normal free goods VBN1 exclusive settings.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

I just want to know that why TANN will not support material A.

And also if you can elaborate the solution that would be great.

thanks

Abhi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just want to know that why TANN will not support material A.

Because TANN is free goods item category which is not relevant for pricing and most of the cases billing too. Free goods means free goods and you want to give 50% discount which is not free goods.

And also if you can elaborate the solution that would be great.

Follow these steps

• Create item category by copying TAN into ZTAN.
  • Maintain item category determination to determine this item category with main iten TAN sub item ZTAN. You can determine this automatically or change it manually.
  • Create a free goods condition by copying NA00 into ZA00 and don't assign it in any free goods procedure.
  • Maintain combination in ZA00 and ask your ABAPER to write the logic in VOFM requirement to validate the materials from XVBAP and KONDN if I am not wrong.
  • Maintain condition record for 50% discount for materials and assign this requirement to that condition. Now system will check if materials are same as in sale order and free goods table. If same then 50% will be applicable and if not then 50% will not be applicable.

This is one way to do this. There are also others but I think this is the easy one.

ZA00 is just a table to maintain materials. You can also maintain in any Z table but I am asking to create ZA00 so that you will be maintaining combination easily. If you feel comfortable with a Z table then go for it.

Discuss this with your ABAPER he will understand the scenario.

Thank$

padmaraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Item category TANN will have Pricing "B-Pricing for free goods (100% discount)" which will disable the all the pricing values in sales order.

as per my understand u can fallow below steps.

1.in Item category determination maintain new item category ex. ZTAN (copy of TAN) in manual item category field as per below snap.

2.And Change the item category ZTAN manually while sale order processing.

3.Maintain discount condition records for X,Y,Z materials in VK11 as 50%.

i hope it will helps you.

Regards,

Raju