Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM transfer Postings -may we create TR instead PCN

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the process requirement, when Inventory Transfer Posting is done, physically material is also placed to another storage type , bin & different storage locatoin.

We want to create TR instead of PCn for transfer posting.

Please share your experience.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Is your issue resolved.If yes could you let us know the resolution and close the thread.

regards,

Samir

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your reply . I would like to inform you that we are not trying to Create TO wrt PCN, It works fine. This is not a issue at all.

Re-iterate my issue. As earlier mentioned that wr are using different movement types. 411,412,311,309,301 etc for transfer posting. ( Except 321 -- it is ok with us creating PCN , TO and Confirmation in background)

We want TR should be created instead PCN during transfers for the movements mentioned above.

System is not creating TR after due setting in configuration.

If you may do it on your system, you may realize that the PCN is not created, but TR is also not created for the Material document, However the WM tab in MIGO doc is filled with all infomratoin execpt TR/PCN Number. TR/ PCN fields are invisible now. I may also not create TO wrt Mat Doc (LT)06), Because it doesn't have TR number.

Hope it is understandable to now.

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi  Manish,

While you can definitely configure your movements type eg 321 to refer to 309 (WM mvt )  and configure it to create TR instead of PCN . But in my opinion this will work only if you have straight forward cases of  changing stock of entire material. The moment you want to do partial stock status change or your material lies in two different bins, TR creation will fail for the same reason a PCN does not get processed automatically i.e at WM level system does not know which one will be your source bin. So this material will lie in 922 and you will have to manually create a TR and process it further. You can try this in your development system.

regards,

Samir

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Thanks for reply. Please note following.

We have movement types 411/412/413/309/311/301. once the transfer posting takes place, there is a physical movement in the material as well.

With the movement type 321 - we need PCN. There is no physical movement at this point of time. We are getting our material agianst production order in the intrim storage type & directly moving into the bin with Transfer Order WRT Mat Document. Each Pc is having 5 tons i.e. placed & removed with the help of crane. As the inspection time is 48 hours for each pc, we can not wait in the interim storage till inspection, So that the material is moved into the bin. Final decision takes place once the material is place into the bin. So we need PCN in this case, where no physical movement when Posting change takes place.

Now as mentioned that we need Transfer Requirement , subsequent to the Transfer Posting, which is not happening in the system.

We have done the setting for creation of TR instead of PCN, but its not working. Now PCN is not getting created, but TR is also not created with the Material document. In the WM view in the material document line item - Storage type , storage bin, wm movement type, but TR is not there.

We can not go ahead with this material document for any kind of WM document.

My question remains same:

1) SAP has given functionality for Creation of TR insead of PCN, But its not working.

2) Another thing when we are in the WM movement type configuration, the requirment type field is there, what should we enter there. There are requirement type like Pur Order, Prd Order etc, but what should be in case of Transfer Posting w/o any reference.

3) What are the settings required with WM movement type i.e. Putaway or picking Transfer order.

4) Which type of bin should be proposed i.e. Source or Target... if any one of them it should be Fix / Dynamic bin.

Above are my queries. because for last two days I am trying with the different settings, but its not working with different combination.

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As I understand , In your process , you do goods receipt of production order and keep the material in a real storage type but this is not the final destination.

Next you do Quality inspection. - PCN is triggered.

Next based on the results now want to move the material to a proper final storage bin.- You need a TR to do this.

Instead have you tried removing the 'Post to same bin' check box from the movements types you use for final quality decision.In this case ,once stock status change is done by the pcn ,a TO  is subsequently created and the material will not remain in the same bin .You can divert it to required bin based on your put away search strategy ( if required you can use reference mvt type ). I havent tried this in my system now(as I dont have access now) .But i think this is possible. Could you please try and let me know.

kind regards,

Samir

Hi Manish,

I just tried using this setting and it works.During posting change you can create the TO such that the destination bin is searched based on your required strategy. There is no need of additional TR.

Let me know if it worked for you.

regards,

Samir

Message was edited by: Samir Suryawanshi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure you can, you define this per movement type

Movement Types in WM