cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP-SOA :Cannot be converted to a character-type value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts I consumed a web service that will display a table in SAP I did all the steps necessary proxy creation and logical port etc. and then I developed a abap program to display data from the web service I get the error was "INVOICE cannot be converted to a character-type value" knowing that the correct program normally  Here is the program and the error is at «  write:/ LS_RESPONSE-CALL_INV_RESULT-INVOICE . «       "Object declaration refers to a class of web service        DATA: WSProxy TYPE REF TO ZZ1234OCO_SERVICE1SOAP .       TRY.           CREATE OBJECT WSProxy .       CATCH CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT .       ENDTRY.        "Define the input and output        DATA: ls_request TYPE ZZ1234OCALL_INV_SOAP_IN .       DATA: ls_response TYPE ZZ1234OCALL_INV_SOAP_OUT .        "Installation of input function          ls_request-CUSTOMER = '12456'.        "Call the main method of class Web Service          TRY.             CALL METHOD WSProxy->CALL_INV         EXPORTING           INPUT = ls_request         IMPORTING           OUTPUT = ls_response.         CATCH CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT .         CATCH CX_AI_APPLICATION_FAULT .         ENDTRY.         COMMIT WORK.         "Result         write:/ LS_RESPONSE-CALL_INV_RESULT-INVOICE  .  Example of web service     AC000000084    13/02/2008    ATLAS COPCO    Magasin2530.380    SI000000373    20/02/2008    SIJOUMI    Magasin1411.120    SI000000371    20/02/2008    SIJOUMI    Magasin    3681.900PLZ Help me PLZZZ 😞

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Akrem,

Have you checked in debugging the value of LS_RESPONSE-CALL_INV_RESULT-INVOICE.

service might be returning multiple rows.

Answers (0)