Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User login logout date/time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way I can capture the user login, logout time & date without enabling SM19/SM20 audit logs?

Rgds,

Raghu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

i truly don't think so. Why don't want enable sm19 that btw it's good security manner?

Let me know

a

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

The reason why I don't want to rely on SM19 is that the logs will consume more space. My client has around 50,000 users and is not willing to use SM19 audit logs. Appreciate any other views.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Unfortunately without the audit log, you're going have a hard time finding this information.  As mentioned, ST03N will give you some information.  If your systems daily workload aggregation goes back to the date you require then you'll be able to get a list of all users who logged on that day.  ST03N doesn't keep time stamps just response times.

My only idea is VERY labor intensive.  If your DB admin can retrieve a save of the database from that day then table USR02 will hold a little more information for you.  It will contain last login times for that day.  If your system backup policy happened to have saved the contents of folder "/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/data" then you potentially have access to all the data you require.  The stat file will have recorded every transaction that took place during that day.  If that file is restored you could use program RSSTAT20 to query against it.

Good luck and check for the audit log as it makes your life much easier!

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the problem can be solved by making a download of the USR02 table every day and save the data? If you make the download at the end of the day (or schedule it). It will show you the last logon data and last logon time of that day. The option of Laxman is also usable but indeed very time consuming for the DB admin..

I know there are tools that can download the tables via RFC so you don't need to go at DB level and maybe you can schedule making this download.

maybe you can also set up a testcase to turn on the audit log, even with these large number of users, maybe the size will not that big as expected?

I hope you will find your solution!

Meta