Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heur to reduce idle time

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

would you please help me to know  what is the algorithm to reduce idle times so that my scheduling is compact....if my memory works rite that algorithm would look similar to  SAPAPO/HEU_TEMPLATE_DATAGET    i guessed it should be close to   SAPAPO/HEU_idle _time   but it is not the correct one..would you please let me know the exact one???

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RO,

You have to make sure in any of the heuristic you used, the scheduling strategy should not have the 'Planning related minimum interval' checked. This will schedule the activities together w/o any move time.

In the same scheduling strategy, you can activate the compact scheduling also.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked all over for any other place if there is “planning related minimum interval” I did not find any ,but under functions in DS board  I found “planning related minimum interval” but I don’t find any tick or untick checkbox there….. can you please tell me where can I find this  check box exactly  …?

As a second atempt  I ticked the  “compact scheduling “ in optimization profile  and some compactness was bought about but not to the desired level

Before I embark into third attempt and  when reducing idle time is the core objective what drastic changes do I make in optimization profile ??  .Guess  tabs and fields  in optimization profile holds the key

Basically I want to cut down/reduce the white spaces between two jobs  so that it looks tight ..i want to invoke  HEUR_TIGHT_SCHEDULING  or HEUR_ REDUCE _IDLE_TIME   but I don’t find both of these algorithms ,,so some round about way needs to be worked out …..i wish  expert advice  in solving this interesting matter.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

i tried both with some good results.....but still not satisfied doing some research.....but SAP offers only those 2 solutions apart from that there is one BADI  now all options are exhausted i am trying fine tuning....if you have any other idea ....plz share with me

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

just like SAP_PP_CTP   can you suggest  a heuristic  that keeps my ideal  time bare minimum. or zero .In  essence space between jobs/operations in planning should be closed

1. I used SAP recommended BADI  CDPS_PMAN_01 this apart i checked planning related minimum interval

but still to make it as tight as possible is  there any inbuilt hiuristic