Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user login on multiple terminals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for a solution to restrict user from logging-on from multiple terminals. User should allowed to login from any terminal for the first time, and  the terminal ID should be recorded. He should be allowed to login only from the same terminal from the 2nd time. Incase if he tries logging in on from other terminal, it should give a message that says "You are logging in from a different terminal".

I am sure that SAP doesn't have this as a standard functionality. But, I am looking for any solution/views on this requirement, incase if applied in any of the implementations.

Appreciate any pointers.

PS: I've went thru numerous threads on SCN, which provides solution to activate SM19 audit lots, which I would not interested.

Regards,

Raghu

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a standard user exit SUSR0001 that gets called after user logs on with SAP gui. You could use it to implement this logic. It only works for sap gui. It does not work on web based apps such as web dynpro. Also users must not have access to debugger.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. I've got similar article. May be useful to others too. https://scn.sap.com/thread/1317802