cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM-QM with inspection take place in an inspection room

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,
I have a question about WM with QM interface, and if you have this area of experience, please let me know.

Environment:
When performing GR, certain amount of quantity will be withdrawn to transfer to an inspection room to perform inspection. Hence the following are what I performed in the system:

1 – After performed MIGO-GR, I created the transfer order and there is a pops up during transfer order creation (see below), and I select 2nd option (Transfer Qty to Insp Bin) and type in the standard SAP storage type 917 and the storage bin. Next Transfer order created.

2 – The following are my transfer order before the confirmation as now there is 9pcs pending to transfer to the final storage bin in storage type 106, and 1 pc heading to storage bin in storage type 917.

Questions:
I am stuck here, and my question are:

1. What to do next? Since I know the inspection activity of the 1 pc is going to carry out at the Panic Room and, therefore, should I go ahead and confirm this transfer order? Or should I wait after the usage design is performed by the QA guy into the system first before I confirm this transfer order?

2. IF I go ahead and confirm this transfer order (i.e. UD not perform yet), both of the 9pc and 1pc will reside in those bin with stock category of “Q”, what should I do under the following two UD outcome?

A – IF the UD is failed, what should I do in the SAP system to take the 9 pcs out from the bin (because the 1 pc sample is tested failed), and what should I do in the system of this 1 pc in the Panic room?

B – IF the UD is successful, what should I do in the SAP system of this 1pc sample if I choose to:

I) Put back into the bin?

II) Scrap it as it is sample?

Hope you can response to be on those bolded question, and let me know how to proceed in the system with the relevant transaction code.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) of course you should confirm the TO immediately after you have moved the goods physically.

2) you dont need to anything pro-active in WM.

the usage decision is done in QM module creating a transfer posting in inventory management, along with a posting change notice in WM. You then process this PCN in LU04 transaction

put it back in bin or scrapping it? you have to do in WM what you do physically. This is is not something that can be answered by the SCN audience,

Answers (0)