cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entity in SAP Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to understand what 'Entity' is in the 'Accounting' tab of SAP Sourcing projects and master agreements.

Help says this is imported from the ERP system of record.

Could you help me understand what an 'entity' is and where exactly in ERP these need to be extracted from?

Thanks & Regards,

Subhasini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasini,

'Entity' on the Accounting tab of all the business documents in the system is really a generic accounting object that doesn't directly map to any specific accounting object in ERP.  it can be used for any accounting field that makes sense for the customer.  This field existed prior to integration to ERP.  It provides some flexibility in the event that there is some 'other' accounting object that a customer might want to map to.  For example, there could be capital accounting numbers that a customer would want to allocate benefit to as a result of a specific sourcing / contract negotiation event. 

In general, the Accounting tab provides some basic capability to capture benefit at the "header" level and allocate that benefit to various accounting objects -- such as cost center, general ledger, etc.  However, this is functionality that is infrequently used. 

I hope this helps.

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rosemary. That was helpful.

Regards,

Subhasini

Answers (0)