cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM batch determination while material staging Vs FIFO stock removal strategy

Former Member

Hi Experts,

Good Afternoon.

I have already posted a question for batch determination for a production order at Storage Type Level.

Unfortunately I could not see a solution for that.

Now I decided to configure batch determination for WM which may satisfy my business requirement.

I have a question on how my condition records in LS51 is going to play an important role.

These are the steps which i followed

Step 1->Created a condition Table
Step 2-> Created an Access Sequence.
Step 3-> Created a Strategy Type.
Step 4-> Created a Batch Search Procedure Definition.
Step 5-> Assign WM Search Procedure.
Step 6-> Created Condition records in LS51. ( WH/Mov.Typ/St.Typ/Material)

I have my stock removal strategy as FIFO for my storage type.

The Batch Entry is blank in MRP 2 view in the material master.

Now i configured the following.

Step 1-> Created the work center
Step 2-> Created the Supply Area and assigned it to the work center.
Step 3-> Created Bin for the Staging Storage Type
Step 4-> Created Control Cycle for my component materials.

Step 4-> Assigned 319 movement type ( WM movement type) in the WM-PP interface

Please correct me if my testing steps are right.
I Staged the material in LP12 ( because my staging indicator is 3).
I can see my TR in LB10, and I created TO in the foreground. I cannot see the batch getting determined here.
But when I clicked the "stocklist" button ( next to the Generate TO Item button), my oldest batches are shown first.

Later I disabled my condition records by selecting "deletion indicator", and i repeated the material staging, TR creation, and TO creation. Even now my oldest batches are shown first.

Now I am wondering, how my batches are determined. Is it based on the stock removal strategy (FIFO)? If so then what is the purpose of WM batch determination with last GR date as a characteristic.
Can someone please clarify if my understanding is right or wrong, and the steps which i am following for testing is right?

Also can someone please let me know, if there is a log to identify if my WM batch determination for material staging is getting triggered.

For batch determination of production order creation/confirmation, there is a log button in CO02 and in CO11n screen to check which batch strategy is getting triggered, but WM batch determination for material staging I am not sure how to check the log.

Please throw some light on my questions.

Thanks
Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

WM is helping moving the stock using strategy. so each matrial has move FIFO or LIFO Based on GRN Date..in the WM Has control the movement of goods no restrict the material characteric.

Batch has some feature like to control the self expiry date and characteristic of  material. system has search the Based on GRN Date with batch number..

With regards

Dinesh