cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start button of Communication Channel Monitoring unable on PI 7.31 SP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've an issue on PI 7.31 on the Communication Channel Monitoring the Start button is not able to be pressed after the channel be Stopped.

Is it an user role? If yes, what is this role?

Below the printscreen:

Thanks

Halsen Nagasawa

ABAP XI/PI/GRC Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Halsen,

There are some bugs with this functionality which have been resolved with the newer SP releases (SP07 on). See the notes below for more details:

1) 1897804 Disabled buttons in NWA Channel Monitor
2) 1902810 Disabled buttons for channel in Administrative Error status

As a workaround, you can use the old functionality in the Runtime Workbench (http://<server>:<port>/rwb).

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark Smyth,

The old functionality of Runtime Workbench is working fine. I'll ask for Basis team to apply the SP07 on PI 7.31. So I will post the result here.

Regards,

Halsen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Halsen Nagasawa,

The communication Channel is functioning correctly.when you hit the stop button only then you will be able to see the start button.

Thanks,

Ankit Baid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit Baid,

The first screenshot is the channel working after be created, then I pressed the "stop" button and the Start do not become active (second  screenshot).

Regards

Halsen Nagasawa

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Halsen,

As I can see from the screenshot you provided, the communication channel is already successfully started. Since the channel is started, the button 'Start' is inactivate (it is not possible to start the channel when it is already started, correct?) and the button 'Stop' is active. If the channel would have been stopped, you would be able to observe the opposite behavior: the button 'Stop' would be inactivate and the button 'Start' - active.

The exception here is if you would have enabled external control for the communication channel: in this case both buttons 'Start' and 'Stop' will be inactivate - since starting and stopping of the channel is considered to be managed from external applications.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I guess I wasn't very clear on my issue, the problem occurs when I have stopped the channel, then the start button still stays unable to be pressed. The external control is inactive so the button was supposed to be working.   

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Halsen,

try to clear the cache.

--> close the communication channel monitoring and open again.

--> if you are facing the same issue. try to restart the server.

sometimes it will work.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

I tried to the steps you send me but still do not work.

Halsen