cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in BC 4.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a Business Connector 4.8, the listener goes down after some minutes. Whenever we restart the BC, the listener is green for sometime and again goes down. The below error is thrown. What we observed is, under Threads column for the Listener, at first there is 0/0  0/2 and in minutes it reaches 3300/3316   0/2 and then goes down. We are thinking to increase the threads from 2 to 6 but we are not sure about this error. Please help.

2013-09-20 16:14:11 CEST com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at Fri Sep 20 16:14:11 CEST 2013.

This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in 16 seconds.

Could not start server: 10000

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.openConnection(DefaultServer.java:1031)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.adjustConnectionCount(DefaultServer.java:909)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.addListener(DefaultServer.java:255)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.start(DefaultServer.java:610)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.start(DefaultServer.java:597)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.DefaultJCoIDocServer.start(DefaultJCoIDocServer.java:82)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.ListenerInfoRuntime.restartListener(ListenerInfoRuntime.java:164)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.ListenersRuntime.restartListeners(ListenersRuntime.java:117)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.ListenersRuntime$1.run(ListenersRuntime.java:84)

at com.wm.util.TimeWrappingProvider$TimeMesuredTask.run(TimeWrappingProvider.java:40)

at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:109)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:725)

Caused by: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Could not start server: 10000

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.accept(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1796)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.ServerConnection.accept(ServerConnection.java:378)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.openConnection(DefaultServer.java:1012)

... 11 more

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 10000

at com.sap.conn.rfc.engine.RfcIoControl.open_new(RfcIoControl.java:143)

at com.sap.conn.rfc.engine.RfcIoControl.ab_rfcaccept(RfcIoControl.java:25)

at com.sap.conn.rfc.api.RfcApi.RfcAccept(RfcApi.java:38)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.accept(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1778)

... 13 more

Thanks in advance,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the below note.

Note 1795909 - Business Connector 4.8 Service Release 8

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Juan,

- How to check the current JDK version in Windows system?

I tried java -version, looking at environment variable but no use.

@ Rishi,

sorry, the note does not match.

@ Sriram,

Note 1252962 matches exactly but ours is not a Java system but a Business connector system. Then how can i use this note? About Note 1260891, how to check the current Core Fix release in the system? Only then i can decide whether to apply the Core Fix 5 or not.

Regards,

Mohan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried java -version, looking at environment variable but no use

What do you mean by no use?...make sure the env variable path is pointing to your Java home.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

the PATH variable is set now and the command java -version returns:

java version "1.7.0_05"

I restarted the BC, both the signals in the listener now has GREEN, i would like to monitor for some time whether it is stable or not, i will tell the status in 1 or 2 days.

Regards,

Mohan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recommendations for BC 4.8 advice to use SAPJVM, did you install it?

the installers of SAP BC 4.8 now include a  JVM again: SAP JVM 5

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

now there are two JVMs or JDKs or Java Runtime in the machine.

(Iam thinking JDK or SAP JVM are same, please correct me if iam wrong.)

One which i manually installed now, which is having version 7. The another one in the folder where BC is installed, i think it is included in the BC installer as mentioned by you above, it will be used automatically while installing BC. But it is not set in the path.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

after 2 hours, the listener is down and one of the signal is yellow.

Again the same error as in my first post.

Regards,

Mohan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point the JAVA_HOME to SAPJVM and restart the services, then check how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

i have set the SAP JVM 5 and restarted the BC. Seems stable since 2 hours, i will monitor for some time. In the meantime, i see under Logs - Error, this new message:

LOCATIONSAP-Gateway on host xyz.de / sapgw02
ERROR   registration of tp ELSTER_XML_PFB from host
        xyz.de not allowed

TIME   
Tue Sep 24 11:58:37 2013
RELEASE 720

COMPONENT   SAP-Gateway

VERSION 2
RC      720
MODULE  gwxxrd.c
LINE    3641
COUNTER 5543

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:455)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1863)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:258)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:320)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:219)

at com.wm.util.TimeWrappingProvider$TimeMesuredTask.run(TimeWrappingProvider.java:40)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.rfc.ListenerThread.run(ListenerThread.java:70)

Caused by:

RfcException: [null]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

the original error is back again. The listener is again down.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

my second error have been solved by using the Note given by you. Somehow, my first error is also vanished. The listener is stable since 12 hours.

Thank you very much,

Mohan.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I am facing same issue on SAP Business Connector. Listener are showing green after restart SAP BC for some time after that its showing Orange.

As per you given reference URL. i visited but

1. i am not able to find out rec-info & sec-info file on SAP BC server. (Does its belong to SAP HR system not my SAP BC) ?

Please help me here.

Error:-

2015-06-04 10:34:05 CEST com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at Thu Jun 04 10:34:05 CEST 2015.

This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in 1 seconds.

Could not start server: while trying to load from index 10000 of an object array with length 10000, loaded from static field com.sap.conn.rfc.engine.RfcIoControl.rfc_gl_open_phkey

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.openConnection(DefaultServer.java:1031)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.adjustConnectionCount(DefaultServer.java:909)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServer.adjustConnectionCount(DefaultServer.java:871)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerManager$DispatcherWorker.run(DefaultServerManager.java:285)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:735)

Caused by: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Could not start server: while trying to load from index 10000 of an object array with length 10000, loaded from static field com.sap.conn.rfc.engine.RfcIoControl.rfc_gl_open_phkey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is caused by either erroneous server settings and the backend system has been shutdown or network problems. Connect to SAP gateway failed.

Delete the default sample IDOC listener that the install puts there.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What JDK are you using?....

Did you check the requirements?

Note 1094412 - Release and Support Strategy of SAP Business Connector 4.8

Regards, Juan