cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP01-output device and or spool number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear SAP Community,

i need your help regarding the output device and spool number available for SP01 transaction.

First of all i have to mention that I am an end user, so I don't have technical background and all my information are based at this level.

Currently I am trying to improve a invoicing process but unfortunately nobody in my company can help me with information about the process...so it remains me to search the data in SAP.

At the moment invoices are automatically printed to a specific printer ( I know the name of the printer and the IP address ) but i don't know how this printer has been set-up in SAP so if I use transaction SP01 i don't know what the "output device" is.

I need to see this information because this printer is printing original invoices and a report with all invoicing that has been printed. To improve the invoicing process i need a automation between the invoicing report and a SharePoint that will be automatic update with the invoice number so the manual process will be skip.

I have asked the IT department and all of my colleagues but they couldn't name me the output device or how to find the spools numbers....

As far as i know this output device has been initially defined when the printers where installed for SAP  but ...none of the person can been reached ....can you give me an alternative where I can find my information:

-how to find out the output devices for a specif printer

-how to find out spool numbers

- the report with the invoices is called : ZVINVPR3 where can i get further information about this report?

many thanks for your support,

Ana Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Hope you have a SAP All authorization User Id to check the T-codes.

Coming to your Qns;

-how to find out the output devices for a specif printer

If you are printing the invoices through VF01/02/03, in the pop-up screen you are selecting the Output device. For knowing the printer details you can go to SPAD. Check the below links;

http://scn.sap.com/thread/978153

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/d9/4a8eb751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a971d51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

-how to find out spool numbers

In the T-code SP01, after taking the print-outs you can see the Spool numbers, if you are not able to see, change the user name as blank and give an older date period, in the screen and execute the T-code once again.

- the report with the invoices is called : ZVINVPR3 where can i get further information about this report?

You can go to SE38 T-code and give the program name there. With the help of an ABAPer please do the analysis

Hope this will help you

Thanks & Regards

Manu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manu,

many thanks for your answer it has helped me to understand the SAP printing architecture and was very helpful.

regards,

Ana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

many thanks for your support ...based on all your reply's I have found the missing information.

thanks again and have a nice day,

Ana

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana Maria,

Check in transaction VV32 (modify) or VV33 (view) for your output type where is the printer device. See this screenshot after some double-clic (navigation)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

many thanks for your help.

regards,

Ana

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tx SPAD is where you can see a list of the printers setup in SAP, however you will need access to it, I do believe a display setup is possible to prevent changes by your ID.

Also to point out invoices can have condition based rules setup and tie to a 'LOCL' printer which means that they print to your default printer in your Windows computer; also note that 'LOCL' may not be the printer name in your company, I have mine setup as 'LP01'.

If you have table viewing access you can review NAST and NACH, I'm not sure if they include Invoices in these tables as I only came across these to find an issue with POs.

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use T-code SP02 to find your own spool requests, and also check the output device used by

double click the spool request number. Then double click the Output device name to get which printer

you ars using.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you