Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lean WM for storage location transfer 311

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently planning to implement LeanWM at our client as they dont really utilize the Full WM functionality. I am currently working with storage location transfer where it should create a transfer order after moving the stock from one location to another with 311 Mvt Type.

Destination and Origin storage Locations are Warehouse Managed, but i dont see any transfer orders creating in the system after trying with different variations.

Configurations i maintained given below for Lean WM.

LE -> Shipping ->Picking -> Lean WM

Maintained configurations in above path

Maintained 311 Mvt type for the Warehouse no.

Maintained 001 as source storage type and 921 as destination for 311 stock transfer.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Quantum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have Lean WM - I don't think any of this will work. In a Lean WM you have two, max. three storage types. 005, from where you pick, 916, from where you ship, eventually 902, if you want to create transfer orders for inbound deliveries and well - but this only works with deliveries. A stock posting will not create a transfer requirement. And because you have Lean WM, you also have no WM tab in the MIGO. No missing configuration, it just does now work this way.

Probably you should reconsider if your customer needs Lean WM or full WM. Not making use of all the functionality does not mean that the next thing is enough.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you move the stock from one location to another, view the material document with movement type 311 in MIGO transaction. In it go to the WM tab. you should be able to see the TR Number. With reference to TR no, go to transaction LT01 and create the Transfer Order. Once TO is created then confirm this TO in transaction LT12.

I dont think that by posting a 311 material document automatically TOs will be created and confirmed.

Regards,

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

I cannot see the WM Tab in material Document. This shows i am missing a piece of configuration. Would you please advice on what configuration i am missing, to create a TR when 311 movement is done.

Your help is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you extended the warehouse views for the material for which you are doing the stock transfer? please check it once

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I did but was confused with the stock placement, stock removal and storage section indicator.

So just configured as 001 for all of them and using the same in Material master.

Let me know if you these fields has something to do with generating TR after transfer posting.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes stock placement is basically where your stock will be stored and stock removal from where the stock should be removed. now that you can maintained the values try to create a new material document and check whether the WM tab is appearing in it. if yes then your task is done

naveen_chepuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Question raises for Lean WM are

1.  Do we have to maintain Storege type indicators and storage section indicators configurations?

2. Do we also have to extend the material to WM views to create a TR for Lean WM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the below link for list of configurations required to setup Lean WM.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/1b/f9613982af3f1ae10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,