SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict with DUMMY in FMDERIVE for KO88 / MR21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please suggest

I want to restrict budget check for the following transactions

1. During the KO88 settlement for Plant Maintenance Orders, i.e. transferring cost from the PM Order to Cost Center, system is expecting Commitment item, how to restrict this transaction with DUMMY in FMDERIVE

2. MR21 for the materials revaluation also expecting the Commitment item, how to restrict this transaction with DUMMY in FMDERIVE

Regards,

Upendar Singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All these actions must have a specific business transaction and /or document type. So, based on this information ,as both of these fileds are part of FMDERIVE structure, you can build a rule deriving DUMMY commitment item.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All these actions must have a specific business transaction and /or document type. So, based on this information ,as both of these fileds are part of FMDERIVE structure, you can build a rule deriving DUMMY commitment item.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Sorry for late reply

Thank you for your reply

As per your suggestion for MR21  I can write derivation based on the Document type,

For KO88, I can't see any business transaction in the Document header, and during settlement it is updating with SA document type.  The same document type (SA) we can't use for DUMMY as there are other direct postings against this G/L account in FI

Please suggest

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To find out the business transaction, you can set a trace in FMDERIVE and run KO88: in the pop-up window you'll see the business transaction. Alternatively, check in BKPF (if it's FI document) or in COBK tables.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Many thanks for reply.

Regards,

Upendar Sing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

During the PM Order settlement I have activate Trace and Business Transaction (KOAO) is updated

Then in Derivation I took KOAO and G/L account in Source with DUMMY assignment for CI, FC and Fund

But it is not working....

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you put 'overwrite' flag in the rule? You can again activate a trace and see why your rule is not fulfilled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Please suggest  how to select the 'overwrite' flag in the rule?

Regards,

Upendar Singh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have an icon next to the target field (magnifying glass). Click on it and select 'overwrite'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Many thanks for your reply

After selecting overwrite flag, activated trace, executed KO88..... in tracing it is showing DUMMY for FUND, FC , CI which is ok

But still it is showing error as " No commitment item entered in item 00001 1000 42004800" when trying to complete the KO88

Regards,

Upendar Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upendar,

Please see what is the rule upon which you are deriving you commitment items. Then while running the transaction in trace see where exactly you are not getting a value for the commitment item.

regards,

Ayan Mukherjee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In FM, have you created master data DUMMY for fund, FC and CI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Minghong,

Yes created DUMMY for Fund, FC and CI

@Ayan Mukherjee.

Requirement is :  During PM order settlement system should updated the DUMMY, During the PM Order settlement I have activate Trace and Business Transaction (KOAO) is updated, so as per this assigned DUMMY in Derivation

After selecting overwrite flag, activated trace, executed KO88..... in tracing it is showing DUMMY for FUND, FC , CI which is ok.

Finally it is not allowing to generate the accounting document

Regards

Upendar  Singh

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Upendar,

Please create a derivation rule with TRANSAC (Business Transaction) and ACCOUNT_NUMBER (G/L Account Number). Fund, Fund center and commitment item in target fields.

Now, assign DUMMY for Business transaction COFI for required G/L.

Hope this is clear and helpful.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Yes it is working now.

Regards,

Upendar Singh