cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Mitigation in GRC AC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is there a way to mitigate roles in GRC AC 10 via backend?

Mitigating roles via NWBC is a pain and takes lot of time for mitigation.

Is there any work around similar to older versions where we can upload the mitigation assignments from backend, which reduces quite a large amount of time from days to minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You can close this thread and mark the answers unless, you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do mass mitigation on backend in NWBC itself.

I think we can upload in GRC10. mini SP level should be SP10

mass mitigation is available

GRAC_UPLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS anf the format is like

NameSystemRISK IDRule IDControl IDValid from Valid ToMonitorActive

in Active column put X

Regards,

Prasant

Message was edited by: Prasant Paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant, I as able to upload mitigating controls to composite roles succesfully. They are not showing up in the mitigated roles tab or risk analysis reports. I have ran all batch jobs to generate SOD rules and Batch risk analysis . Any idea on what is missing ??

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if you have filtered set in nwbc.

or refresh the same

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Hope you didn't miss to mention the validity periods while uploading the mass mitigation assignments..or did you?

Regards,

Ameet

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in table.. if it is there or not?

REgards,

Prasant

adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant:

I am getting an error -  Cannot interpret data in file

Not sure what is wrong - I have saved the xls file to txt file and still failed.

Any idea or template of the xl shet - which we can save as coma delimited text file? Your input will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Ashish

Message was edited by: ashish desai

adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

I actually was able to upload 900 mitigated roles. I used program: GRAC_UPLOAD_MIT_ASSIGNMENTS

Table template should be:

System AccessRiskID RuleID Mitigation Validfrom Validto Monitor Active TechRoleName

Dates were in below format:

1/9/2015

1/9/2016

It will work.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

I am using the same file format for mass mitigation of roles. The program is giving error on role name for each row. Any clues what could be an issue?

SystemAccess Risk IDRule IDControlVALID FROM VALID TOMONITORACTIVERole
adesa28
Explorer
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned in my comments that that was valid for SP14 only. Now I am working on SP18 and the same set up is not working. We had to create custom program - or SAP can sure help you and will provide you a note for the same.

All the best.

Regards

Ashish

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Snehal,

I will lock this thread out. Please start your own discussion thread and provide your own information.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Have you checked SAP Note #1749804: Download & Upload reports for mitigation assignments.

I think this will resolve your issue as this note provide reports to download and upload Mitigation assignment.

Regards,

Shaily