Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range error in IDOC_INPUT_SBINV for Self Billing

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying  to get self billing running. The customer should send an IDOC of type GSVERF with message type SBINV. A new invoice for the referenced SD document should be created from the IDOC.

When posting the IDOC an error message is thrown:

"Incorrect doc.no.: $000000001 . Select document number between 0090000000 and 0099999999"

Tracking the error shows that it is raised in the IDOC_INPUT_SBINV function module during the step "simulation of the invoice". When simulating the creation of the FI document, the number is not generated from the number range of course.

But the IDOC_INPUT_SBINV module receives the error and does not proceeed with posting the invoice in the creation of invoice step.

What might be the fix for this error ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i debugged functional module and found that there will be external Object number

probably you have to check in SNRO with object RV_SAMMG and check that

IDOCs will not generally use internal number range

it will be called using SNRO

try to find it and revert if you need any further help

thanks,

santosh

marcus_schiffer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think its not the number range of the RV_SAMMG object causing the problem. Its creating the while simulating the invoice in the process of simulating the FI document. There the above error is generated and the IDOC_INPUT_SBING interpretes this as a failure in simulation. However, when suppressing the error in debugging the docuemet gets posted and eveerything is fine.

Also if the pricing produces a zero net value (so that no FI posting / simulation is needed), the IDOC gets posted and the invoice document is created. But this is not what we want. We need an invoice to be created WITH FI documents.