Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quant - LQUA - Certificate Number field- what is the use

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are looking for some documentation on Field Certificate number in the quant table.

In our process scenario, we are planning to use this field for storing some information which may be used for reporting purpose.

Can anyone help to confirm if the same may be used & will not effect other processes i.e. just looking for is it a free field & may be used.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So far no expert advise.

Please respond.

Regards,

Manish

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

Go ahead and make use of this field. I don't think it is interfering with your current process unless you have custom program and include it relevance. Please note below

(1) Field LTAP-ZEUGN is at item level of TO number and not header level.

(2)  In your question you said that, you are using this field to sort some information. Please take a note of below

The value you enter in this field in not necessary unique. It means you can enter same value for multiple items of any TO. You should have some logic or criteria of searching exact information and if you are accessing this field (certificate number-LTAP-ZEUGN) then remember that you may have multiple entries. It depend on your business process whether you want to add unique or re-usable value in the field certificate number and accordingly you create the logic of your search criteria.

(3) You can also explore whether you can use sort field pick/placement as per Bin master record instead of going for certificate number.

Best of luck!

Milind Chaudhari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

the certificate number is the number of certificate of the vendor and it is used manly if QM is implemented.

If QM is not implemented it and you are not planning to use it in future (or at least you are not planning to use vendor certification) you can use it for reporting purpose. Otherwise I would avoid to use it

Regards

Claudio