cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

What are the main configurations to be done in CS module?

What is the use of serial number?

How to convert a sales order to service order? what is the material type to be given in the sales order?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

(A)

The main configurations in CS are equipment master data, serial number master data,service notifications, service orders, these are the few important configurations.

(B)

A serial number is an numeric or alpha numeric code given to a particular piece of equipment.it is used to track the warranty details, service activities that are performed on that particular piece of equipment. you can configure SAP system so that you cannot process any transaction like goods issue, goods receipt with out entering the serial number for that particular item.a serial number is unique for one particular item.

(C)

You cannot convert all sales orders in to service orders.only repair requests like RAS & RA(SAP STD) that are maintained in the same sales order transactions VOV8 can be converted in to service orders.automatically system converts in to service orders when the returns & repair process transaction is performed in the RAS & RA document.

hope this will solve your problem to some extent.

regards,

RAJESH KUMAR RAJU

SAP-SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your answer is very helpful to me but I want the real configuration for CS to be done. What are the configurations to be done for a CS module in img and in which modules to be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

i also need the configuration part of CS. Plz help me and send any config document where and what to do to my e-mail. It will be great help to me.

My e-mail id: kumr_sap@yahoo.com

Thanks

Rajesh

Answers (0)