cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data archiving (TCode: DB15) not archived

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently I try to archive my business data (HR) using data archiving tool in tcode DB15. My problem is, after setup has been configured (base on sap tutorial), the archived file not created in physical dir but the job run and finished successfully (base on job monitor).

I just zoom in my problem, probably is because of my spool parameters setting. I'm not so clear about this setting. What should I need to specify in Output Device? Print device or archive device? I try to put local printer default but still not archive any data. If I need to put archive device, how I can configure it?

Please advise...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeop,

Check if <sid>adm has write permissions to the directory in case the directory is present on the application server.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have made a full permission write to physical target dir (aix platform) but still cannot.

If I check in job log overview, message text give me this :

"Job started

Step 001 started (program RPAR6W00, variant ARC_HR_03, user ID 209ITADMIN)

Archiving session 000040 is being created

Job finished "

I guess, the job is finished but does "Archiving session 000040 is being created" mean?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeop,

Continuing with the authorizations are the authorizations fine at SAP level.

Please check this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/60/16d93f2e93f106e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeop,

During the process of archiving, archive program first creates an archive file in the exchange directory then starts writing the archive contents into it. If there was no data which matches the archive criteria, then the created archive file is deleted. This maybe the scenario in your case. More can be found out by analysing the archive log (not the job log).

Could you send me the screen shot and archive log to my mail id (id is in my business card). Let me see if I can help.

By the way, did you follow the steps thru PU22?

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Sorry for the late reply. The problem has been solved. Technically, I'm not tick the "For Stored Files" option in Check Access for Archive Selection area under Customizing (SARA). When I ticked this, the file created in my target physical dir.

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeop,

Is there an email id of urs tat u can provide.? I can send u a detail document elaborating on your query!

Thanks

Janani

award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janani,

my email address : algojoy2k@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeop,

DB15 is not the transaction to do archiving.. its just to see the relationship between tables and archive objects. You need to use SARA to do archiving. And please take care to do proper customization before you start archiving. See this link for info on archiving:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2e/9396345788c131e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Have a look at service.sap.com\data-archiving for more details.

Further, archiving in HR is a bit different from other modules. For archiving in HR, you need to use transaction PU22. Have a look at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/03/627c35bd413a72e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Your question about output device and printer... specification of the printer doesnt play any role in actual archiving, but its required as the log generated from archive (or delete) run is stored as a spool request. So you could specify your default printer, it should work.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After configured the necessary parameters and settings (in SARA base on the SAP tutorial) then run the job, still the archived file not created in target dir. The job finished successful but no archived file created.

Can someone give me the email add and I will post the screen capture of the archiving result.

regard.