cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discussion of QM process in BBP phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please guide me what to discussed with core team regarding the QM process in BBP phase.It will be really  appreciable if you share your real experience with me with example of how you map the physical process in SAP either std,critical or development.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

There are many things to discuss with the client, it depends upon the Industry in which your client is dealing with. Firstly you should try to find out why the client want to implement QM , what are the major challenges they face without having QM module in Place.

We have implemented QM for a Manufacturing Industry, there main concern was to check the Quality of Raw Material,  Quality check after the Completion of Production Order &  Before Selling of Goods i.e

They want QM for

1. Incoming Inspection

2. Inprocess inspection

3. Inspection During Sales

So on the basis of these points you should go ahead with your discussion for creating the master data for QM like

Catalog, Selected Set, MICs, Sampling Procedure, Inspection Method, Inspection Plan,

Hope it will provide some insights for your question

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.Basically its a descrete manufacturing involved in printing and books manufacturing and as you mentioned I also think that all this 3 inspection types were going to applicable in my case also.no doubts.

My main concerned is about the catalog,sampling procedure and inspection method.Frankly speaking I couldn't able to  understand this masters by reading so many concern documents.I cant able to visualize its use and importance.

It would be a great help if you explore or share your experience more on this.

How you come to know that which catalogues or sampling procedure or inspection method will going to use.I know what this means by its defination but from real point in what cases you mapped all this masters.

Hope you get my point

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

Let me try to explain your concerned points,

Catalog:

The inspection catalog contains the following hierarchy:

• Catalog Types
  • Code Groups
  • Codes
  • Selected Sets

Catalog: This is the main category by which code groups and codes are classified according to their contents (e.g. characteristic attributes, defect types, usage decisions, etc.)

There are following type of Catalog. We use the code from code group of respective Catalog to record inspection results, defects, and defect locations during inspection lot processing

Catalog Types

Short Description

Characteristic attributes

Tasks

Usage decisions

Events

Causes

Results of defects

Activities (QM)

Defect types

A

Activities (PM)

B

Object parts

C

Overview of damage

D

Coding

E

Defect locations

Code group: A code group contains one or more codes that describe similar data or have other points in common. For example, code groups can refer to colors, surface characteristics, or usage decisions. A code group is defined at the client level.

When creating a code group, a code group name and a short description is to be given. The status has to be set accordingly as created, released etc. If required to describe the code group a long text can be maintained for the code group.

When codes within the code groups are to be maintained the group code, mode has to be selected and the created code group name has to be given. Codes are be given in alphanumeric and a short description can be maintained.

Selected Set:A selected set represents the combination of different codes. Selected sets are created to meet the qualitative inspection result recording requirement of a particular characteristic or usage decision. When a selected set is created, one can select codes from different code groups within a single catalog type.  This means that a selected set represents a sub-group of all the codes in a catalog type.

Sampling Procedure :

The sampling process is initiated at the time of inspection.   The QC/QA department collects the samples for inspection with reference to a sampling protocol. The sampling protocol contains the number of samples to be inspected.

A sampling procedure is a procedure by which the sample size is determined for an inspection.  The sampling procedure also defines the type of valuation to be used for results recording (attributive, variable, manual, valuation according to code, valuation according to action limits of a control chart).   

The data maintained for the sampling procedure are.

1. Sampling type ( Maintained in the standard system )

• 100% inspection
  • Sample based on a percentage
  • Fixed sample
  • Sample according to a sampling scheme

For inspection in production, special sampling procedures must be used which specify the sample size and inspection intervals.

Inspection Method :

Inspection methods define the procedures by which inspections should or must be carried out. Inspection methods are usually created as individual master records to support inspection planning. After an inspection method has been created as a master record, it is assigned to master inspection characteristics and inspection plans. Inspection method is a optional data.

Inspection Methods are used in inspection plans and master inspection characterstics, Routing, Recipe for a material as describe the procedure for inspecting a characteristic during result recording.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Once again thanks for your reply and the efforts which you are putting for my query.Yes I am well aware of all this defination. I had also tested diff QM cycles by creating this master.

But still wanted to know it more with your project experience with real example that how you use it and for which process you try to use the catalog,codes,codes group and inspection method.Just looking out with an example of manufacturing process or material or finished goods.

Suppose e.g in PP I have a diff process like heating,moulding and packing.I know the output of all this process is diff.So to map this process I will create diff order type with diff matl code for inventory and costing purpose.

So in such lemon language I am expecting your feed back.Please dont get miss-understood.I really wanted to clear my doubts which i still didn't cleared.

Now some where I am able to understand the sampling procedure concept and its use according to business requirement or process.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks a lot for your help and documents.It really useful and help me a lot to understand the process...

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swapnil,

Be cool and first try to understand their manufacturing industry process.

Identify Quality checks nodes based upon their production,material management,sales,customer return and plant maintenance practices. It will help you out to know there AS-IS and to make it in TO-BE documents as well...

QM Processes skeleton are always same as it wont reflect much other than standard SAP.

Regards

Ajit C Vichare