cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will soap adapter support unicode format?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

The objective is to encode the characters outside the ASCII character set (Thai characters in this instance) inside the XML document that we exchange between X and CRM to perform searches, updates etc.. The XML documents in both directions (X->CRM and CRM->X) for the Thai market must contain this technique of encoding to enable non ASCII characters.

Characters are encoded as &#nnnn;

Where nnnn is the decimal numeric representation of the character. The ‘&#’ and ‘;’ are (ASCII) string constants.

Can any body suggest Soap adapter and RFC adapter can handle the above requirement.

Regards,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Have no fear, Unicode is the native format of PI. Simply make sure to set the encoding to ASCII on one side, and UTF-8 on the other, PI will take care of the conversion.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

My sender is SOAP and reciever is RFC,How can i configure comm channels to handle it.

if you elobarete the steps that would be helpful.

When they enter in online it self they will give the values in above mentioned format.

Regards,

Narendra

former_member208404
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Check if this link is helpful

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

SAP Note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 SOAP Adapter

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have gone through the link which you have provided.document says we have to provide the url as below:

Url:

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c&xmlen

c=iso-8859-1

Already we have developed 4 countries markets earlier for english,Now for the same scenario we need to configure to handle unicode data as discussed above.

Here my concerns:

1)if we maintain new url,will Existing functionality will effect?

2)with out affecting existing functionality how can i configure soap channel at sender side?

3)I have seen in some posts they have used below parameter for reciver channel,But my case is at sender. So will these parameters will work for sender soap channel?

Below is the example how we get the data TO CRM/FROM CRM

Html Unicode encoding:

English text: Nare

Unicoded text to/from CRM: Exit

Please suggest....

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Did you get solution to handle &#xnnn characters in XML?

I am getting the control characters in response of a synch soap call. I tried changing the encoding to iso-8859-1 but still the error is same.

Sender Soap Endpoint:

http://host.com:nn/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&senderService=xx&receiverParty=&receive...

Please suggest!

Regards,

Indu Khurana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Can you provide  sample XML ?

i have got the solution to handle special character's,we did developed a java mapping to convert soap to xml and maintained as UTF-8 charecter set.

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra

The issue is not in request but response generated from ECC.

I do not have a special character but non printable characters.

It's client specific data so I can't share it.

Appreciate if you share the java mapping.

Thanks,

Indu.