Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing with Barcode on label printer

gautam_totekar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I need to print print label with barcodes on Datamax printers( Datamax I-4604 & datamax I-4304) via SAP in warehouse management.

I need to know the steps i will have to do for printing via smartform, sapscript or adobe forms.

I have found that In case of sapscript and smartforms we need to use bartender sofftware and uplaod via so10. and incase of adobe forms we can print directly.

Please explain me in detail or any information so that I can decide.

Does SAP smartforms support bar code printing directly for datamax printers like for zebra printers. I have read old posts which states they do not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not sure about the  adobe forms but using bar tender software you can design the labels and import them in SAP scripts easily as it involves designing labels with the fields on a graphical painter.

If you have the availability of this software you can go for designing using smartforms or scripts.

Regards,

Shruti

6 REPLIES 6

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gautam.

Refer this link for creating barcode via smartforms.

I have made use of the Code 128 barcode with following parameters to print via dotmatrix printers(WeP) but not sure about Zebra printers.

Bar Code Symbology  Code 128

Bar Code Alignment     Normal

Narrow Module Width  08

Linear Height               00150

Code128 Mode:            A

Regards.

former_member215424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not sure about the  adobe forms but using bar tender software you can design the labels and import them in SAP scripts easily as it involves designing labels with the fields on a graphical painter.

If you have the availability of this software you can go for designing using smartforms or scripts.

Regards,

Shruti

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for response. ALthough I have not used bartender software I am aware that we can create label and import it via so10.

In case of smartform and script i need a detailed steps on using bartender and printing because datamax printers do not support direct printing via SAP. how the values from sap would be mapped to layout designed in bartender.

Now lastly if anyone has printed labels with Adobe forms than i need the steps for this method as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

The steps shown will perfectly work with zebra printer. But will they work on Datamax printer because sap does not have dedicated device type for Datamax.

0 Kudos

We have convinced client to buy Zebra printer.