Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check : Confirm Quantity becomes zero when insufficient stock

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue where Confirmed quantity becomes ZERO in sales order when there is insufficient stock.

Here is what I have done:

Material Code : FGABC01

Qty : 11496 Carton

Created order with quantity 11500 carton SAVED.

1. Executed transaction VKM3.
  2. Upon displaying the order, the confirm quantity of the material is ZERO.
  3. If I reduce quantity to 11496 or less then system confirms Order and Partial deliveries also allows.

There is No Credit or any other Block.

Checked part.dlv./item status which shows BLANK (Partial Delivery allowed).

Please help me to understand reason of this standard system behavior and suggest how to stop this.

Regards,

MJ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason could be due to the delivery block defaulted in the sales order. Please check the configuration of the delivery block. If the option "Conf Block' is checked in the configuration of the delivery block...then the quantities will not be confirmed in the sales order and the requirements will not be passed to MRP..

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

If I reduce quantity to 11496 or less then system confirms Order and Partial deliveries also allows.

Probably not related to delivery block in the sales order.

When the quantity is reduced to 11496, then the qty is confirmed.

If the issue was related to delivery block then niether 11500 nor 11496 qty would have been confirmed.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

I understood that the credit block is getting applied when the quantity is 11500. Any quantity less than 11500 is passing the credit check.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Created order with quantity 11500 carton SAVED.

1. Executed transaction VKM3.
  2. Upon displaying the order, the confirm quantity of the material is ZERO.
  3. If I reduce quantity to 11496 or less then system confirms Order and Partial deliveries also allows.

After releasing the sale order through t-code VKM3, one qty is not getting confirmed but the other qty is getting confirmed.

If you understand it in a different way, then please convey.

MJ,

Is my uderstanding correct?

Also (as requested earlier) share the ATP qty (t-code CO09).

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Here the issue I suspect is...when the confirmation was blocked...the confirmed quantity will be zero. After releasing the document in VKM3...the quantities will not be confirmed automatically. When he is changing the quantity, the availability check will be triggered again (and the credit check also) and confirming the quantities since the credit block is not applied for a quantity less than 11500. This is just a pointer for the OP to check.

Just like changing quantity to 11496...he should also check what is happening if the quantity is changed to 11501.

Also, if the reason is due to ATP quantities, normally system should create multiple schedule lines confirming quantities for different dates. This point can be analysed in detail if the above check fails.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you!

Lets wait for some input from the OP.

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

There is not any default order Block for any of the Order type or not being derived from any where.

Also, If I increase quantity 11501 still it is behaving the same way.

Sorry for delayed reply guys but really appreciate your quick responses and support always.

Regards,

MJ

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any inputs....?

Regards,

MJ.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not post anything about the most important facts for a ATP.

you did not tell when the goods have to be delivered, and you did not show how much you have available at this date.

Your availability check overview just shows a current stock, and a lot  un-treated orders and deliveries scheduled in the past

you need to scroll down until you find your order and there you need to check how much you have available.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

The issue / functionality under discussion is Availability check.

Do the below -

1. In CO09, for material and plant, check the stock

2. In VA01, create a sales order, with material and plant (given in point1), qty should be greater than that available in point 1

3. In the sales order, for that line item, click on button "Check item availability"

4. In the sales order, for that line item, go to Tab Schedule lines.

do the above steps for qty less than point 1

Paste all the screenshots here.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

Jurgen has put it succinctly!

As mentioned in my previous post, the system is check ATP stock.

Somewhere one-time delivery is set. For more input see vemuri santosh's post.

So please check how much is ATP, if equal qty or less than that qty is in the sales order, then system confirm. If greater than ATP qty, system shall confirm zero qty.

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below are the details and Order which I have freshly executed right now.

Stock Availability in CO09 before execution of the Sales Order.

I created Sales Order which I want to send right now, so My RDD of Order is today's date.

System Immediately gave me Pop Up of availability check. And confirmed 9402 Quantity.

after the same Order went to Block because Customer does not have any credit. so it Blocked the order. I released Sales Order with VKM3.

And in SO quantity has become Zero.

Now If I again do Availability check manually in VA02 system again send the Order in Credit Block.

Please note. Customer do not have any credit.

At Header or Item level, partial Delivery or Complete delivery check box or status is not updated.

Request you to help me.

I am really confused that why system is behaving this way.

I have not done any special configuration in Availability check but system is behaving this way. Requirement Type is KSV determined.

I had seen someone else also posting similar issue but had not got the answer.

Regards,

MJ

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

For Less quantity then CO09 system has confirmed the Quantity.

After Credit release, In sales Order that quantity has been confirmed for new Order.

In CO09 now quantity is reduced.

Regards,

MJ

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

1. Cancel this sales order and create a sales order of qty 9402 (equal to the ATP qty in CO09) or less qty (e.g. 9400).

This is very important.

And send us the screenshots, after doing the above steps.

2. In the screenshot with Schedule lines (sales order), give the entire screenshot? (how many schedule lines were created??

3. Are you doing this in your test system or your PRD system?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

After Credit release, In sales Order that quantity has been confirmed for new Order.

In CO09 now quantity is reduced.

In the Availability check configuration, One time delivery has been selected.

That means if the entire sales order, line item qty is not available, for the delivery date given in the sales order; then zero qty is confirmed by the system.

If the ATP qty = 9402 and sales order has qty = 9405; then the system confirms zero qty. In the case of one time delivery. That is exactly what is happening in your case.

There are other options e.g. Complete delivery, Delivery proposal. Read about these.

Now there are two parts / process steps happening -

1. Before the credit check - Some qty is being reserved. You / user is going in to the popup Availability check and selecting the qty = 9402.

2. After the credit check - System is blocking the sales order due to the credit check. After releasing the sales order, the system does an availability check again.

Here the system goes for One time check and finds that 9405 qty is not available. Therefore confirming zero qty.

If you change the One time delivery to Delivery proposal, then system shall give you multiple schedule lines.

Also field "Check without RLT" has to be deactivated.

Side comment - Look at vemuri santosh's post (in this thread)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I am doing this in my Test system.

I have created Order with less qty and attached screenshot above.

I have deleted earlier order so Qty is available in CO09 now and created new Order with 9402 qty.

There is only 1 Schedule line generated here. CO09 screenshot after above order created.

Regards,

MJ

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

But as I have attached screenshots, at Order level, there is no update for One time Delivery.

Then how does system gets it triggered?

Regards,

MJ

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

In your OVZ9 settings, deactivate field "Check without RLT" (make this field blank).

And then test again.

I think by changing the above configuration step, the issue shall be solved.

Please paste the screenshots of the test.

Added - To get more clarity in testing, in the material master record in Tab MRP3, field "Tot. repl lead time" give 2 (or some non-zero value).

And then do the entire flow (starting with checking CO09, sales order creation etc.)

Message was edited by: T W - added in blue color

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

So finally my issue resolved.

I unchecked RLT but system was still trying to confirm full quantity as per proposed next date.

I changed setting to Delivery Proposal C and removed RLT check again and system started giving me desired result.

Surprised with the behavior of System while doing availability check, but I felt the issue was I had put the option of Pop Up of availability check screen when stock is less.

Now, when I was selecting quantity i believe system was automatically trying to update first Option on that screen One Time delivery resulting ZERO confirmed quantity as RLT was checked in availability control.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear.

If you unchecked the field " check witout RLT then you should maintain any one field value in MM02 .Please read carefully about this filed F1 help. I believe,the problem is not with this one.

Problem is coming from exactly what santos said.

I have simulated this scenario with settings said by santhosh. I got same problem.

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Have you maintained " Delivery Unit " or " Minimum Order Quantity " in MM01 ?

If I reduce quantity to 11496 or less then system confirms Order and Partial deliveries also allows

On above statement ,I am thinking ,you dont have enough stock in your Storage Location .

If you want further help form us ,kindly let me know exactly what you have done..

Thanks,

Naren

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

I have not updated Delivery Unit or Minimum Order quantity in Material Master.

Above I have updated complete scenario with screenshot.

Regards,

MJ

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the availability rule set for your sales area

for your sales area, you can see three options such as

1. one time delivery

2. Delivery proposal

3. complete delivery

I believe you might have set ONE TIME DELIVERY option . change it to complete delivery or delivery proposal and try

Path: SPRO-->SALES AND DISTRIBUTION-->BASIC FUNCTIONS-->AVAILABILITY AND TRANSFER OF REQUIREMENTS-->AVAILABILITY CHECK-->AVAILABILITY CHECK WITH ATP LOGIC-->DEFINE DEFAULT SETTINGS

try and revert

regards,

santosh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MJ,

In the sales order, with quantity 11500; click on button Check item availability. Send us that screenshot.

Also send the screenshot of CO09.

Thank you!