cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename encoding from content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I need your help. As storage our documents for ERP we use content server. I observe problem for example I try to open in sbwp in shared folders file with name "Роли-транзакции MM.xls". On first time it  opens without any problem. Then I try open this file or other I see message "file is not found <name of file>". When i go in sapworkdir (or sapgui) folder I see file with filename like  this "####-##########MM_20130919063339.006_X.xls". But the files with English letters in the file name opens correct. I understand that the problem is somewhere in the content server, but where?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to change folder name by removing suffix '.xls'?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Miroslaw,

I try to clear folder for documents(sapgui parameter). When I try open document, system does not provide the opportunity select filename or folder, but when I export in any folder with any name on cyrillic, on filesystem I see  "#####". On first time all correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimtry, the strory behind  '#' will always occure if SAP is not able to interpretate/translate character. For this moment - I will say - it is very probably that you observe issue with general language related  settings. I would recommend checking this.

Cheers