cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not allow that document in DMS be printed when the status is Obsolete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In our scenary we have a specific document type is controlled by status. There is a specific status that we've created as Obsolete. Unfortunately the end user is getting to print it when the status for the document is selected as Obsolete. It is not correct and we would like that the system does not allow the user prints any document when the status is Obsolete. Is it possible? I mean, we wondering if you could help us with any tip about it?

I'd be glad to hear any experience about it too.

Please, if you need more detail let me know.

In advance, thanks a lot for your attention.

Best Regards,

Valdevair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladevair,

Please check the following authorization object:

C_DRAW_TCS (Status-Dependent Authorizations for Documents):

Here provide authorization for the allowed document type and status combination. Please try the same and revert back.

As FF has suggested, I would also like to know where actually did you define this status? Is it in SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> Document Management -> Control Data -> Define Document Types -> Define Document Status (folder)?

If yes, it should appear in that authorization object. Please contact with a BASIS person who is responsible for creating roles and maintaining authorization.

Please check whether this helps you.

Best Regards,

Rajen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajen Madan,

Thank you so much for your repply...

I've checked the customizing and this status has been created according the suggested way. I mean, SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> Document Management -> Control Data -> Define Document Types -> Define Document Status.

I've talked to Basis responsible about it and according your suggestion we will be considering this object to control the access for documents are Obsolete status.

I do appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you and Fire Fighet to help us.

Best Regards,

Valdevair

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladevair,

Great news.

Best Regards,

Rajen

Leandro_Santana
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being that the your status is custom, you'll probably have to use a user exit to check out the status and block printing.

I don't know what is available in the DMS for that.  There might be a user exit in the printing process that could be utilized.  Maybe when the spool job is created.  A BASIS person might know more about something like that.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fire Fighter, Firstly I would like to thank you to answer me.

I think you are right that we have to find an user exit to solve this error but before that I'd be glad to know if you have ever seen this scenary in other companies?

Clarifing a little bit more about our scenary: we have created a Z document type using copy from a standard type that is managed by status. There is one of them status has been created as Obsolete and currently the end user gets print the attachment it from DMS generated. However, when this DMS generated is Obsolete status the SAP system cannot print it...

Once again I would like to thank you to help me.

Best Regards,

Valdevair

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, I haven't used the DMS that much. Just in it's most simplest scenario's.  But I have to believe what you want to do is possible.

FF