cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decision job failure due to serial number

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we have activated a serial number profile to materials ( MMSL and QMSL procedure set to optional) . After the activation of serial nuber profile we found that automatic usage decision job was geting failed for these materials because of missing serial number in inspection lot. As the serial number arre optional we are not entering any serial number to these lots because of some business requirenment

Even though the serial number are optional the std BAPI ( QAVE_PROCESS_AUTO_UD) in the automatic usage decicion get's failed with "error enter the serial number manually"

Could you please tell me is this a std beahaviour if so then waht is the solution to allow automatic usage decision .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi , Thanks,

For the reply.

In my case the materials are planned for serial number management .

Even thogh the materials are planned for serial number ,because of some business requirent

we are not going to enter any serial number in near term.So there will not be any serial number assigned to inspection lots of these materials.

To allow the automatic usage decision ., in the coonfiguration the serial number profile procedure MMSL and QMSL are set as optional . Still the no automatic usage decision is made to these lots by the sheduled job.

My question is is it mandetory to enter the serial number to allow the automatic usage decision even though we have set the serilization procedure as optional?.

Thanks,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out OSS  Note 373549 - Automatic usage decision: Error message QV053

Symptom:

During the automatic usage decision for an inspection lot, the system displays error message QV053 "Making the UD for insp. lot & requires manual serial number assignment" although you have not planned any serial number management.  If you make the usage decision manually with Transactions QA11/QA12 for this inspection lot, no error message appears.

See if that helps you.

FF