cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: Configuration "WDHC_SIDE_PANEL" is not of type "SIDE_PANEL"c

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am trying to display the help center in the side panel for the CATS ESS WDA application. For this, I copied the Application configuration HRESS_AC_CATS_1( FPM_OVP_COMPONENT) to a custom application configuration and changed the following parameters:

• Help Center Displayed in Web Dynpro ABAP Side Panel
  • 'X'

When I do this, I do get a side panel in the CATS application but I get an error message " Configuration "WDHC_SIDE_PANEL" is not of type "SIDE_PANEL". ( Also, this issue is not specific to CATS application, it occurs for other applications as well).

Did anyone encounter this issue? If yes, can you please let me know why this issue is caused?

I tried few options from my end:

Executed the application in administrator mode -> Towards right (Customizing of additional information -> I selected, 'Use side Panel' and entered configuration id "WDHC_SIDE_PANEL". When I click on "Preview" button, I did get the help center displayed correctly. But when I run the application in the normal mode, I get the error Configuration "WDHC_SIDE_PANEL" is not of type "SIDE_PANEL".

Regards,

Sameena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Did you find out how this could be resolved. I get the same issue when I tried to hide a field on side panel.

Regards,

Raj