cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable 'Serial number To' column in SAP AII

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using centralised number range in our project.The number will come from OER to AII and inturn goes from AII to the Packaging line vendor.

Now the issue is in the transaction '/ain/nradmin' in AII, the column 'SERIAL NUMBER TO'  is editable.We can edit the column 'SERIAL NUMBER TO' in AII to a number greater than the 'SERIAL NUMBER TO' column in SAP OER, which ideally  should not.Please follow the below example to under stand our issue more clearly.

Number range in OER :

GTIN 1        1(Serial No From)    1000 (Serial Number To)   100(Current Number )

Number range in AII :

GTIN1         1(Serial No From )    100( Serial Number To)     20(Current Number)

Now in the transaction /ain/nradmin of AII, SAP allows me to edit the column 'Serial Number To' to a value greater than the 'Serial Number To' value of

OER.I can edit the 100 to 9999999 which i should not be able to do ideally.Please help understand why SAP allows to edit the value.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

smaheswar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhilkumarredyy ,

It seems your AII is not configured as "Local Auto-ID Instance". Please follow the steps to check the same .

Steps:

1) Go to spro of AII

2) Go to IMG

3) Go to Auto-ID Infrastructure=>Basic settings=>Define Client-Specific Control parameters

3) Check for control parameter value of GEN_INST_TYPE . If it is not "L" then enter "L"

Regards

Sridhar Maheswar