cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality inspection status and rework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues !

My client has the stock of a material in quality inspection status in Company "X" . This stock has to be reworked because is needed to change a label to each product. The company "Y" going to be the rework. Both companies are  part of the same corporation.

We design a subcontract intercompany scenario to transfer the stock of this material to the Company "Y" in order to rework, but now I can't do it because the stock status in Company "X" is in Quality Inspection and the Quality Management Departament tellme that they can't release this material to unresticted stock  because it is against GMP's and they can only released it until the rework be ready.

I understand that if the stock has quality inspection status I can't use it and then I have to release it in order to rework it. My question is how the GMP's going to be interpreted in this cases ?  and please feel free to correctme if I wrong.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Vero

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are a GMP shop, I'm going to assume you use batch status.  What should happen to this stock is that it is released from QI as unrestricted/restricted batch status.  I'd set up  a UD code like RWK just for this.  The stock proposal should be unrestricted/restricted.

Batches that are restricted are normally not allowed to be sold.  But they can be consumed by process orders.  This is specifically for your purpose.  The restricted batch is then reworked.  When the subcontracting material is received back in, it should be set up to create an 01 inspection lot that your in house quality group reviews and then releases the product to unrestricted/unrestricted batch status.

This should all be pretty much standard SAP.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your coments.

I this cliente the batch status is inactive. If I understand that you describe up, is it posible to use unrestricted stock(quality inspection) to consume from process order ?. Is it posible if I have to move this stock to other company working with subcontracting scenario , using purchase order to transfer the stock through the status stock provided to vendor ?

Thanks a lot for your coments.

Regards

Vero

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the client is GMP I highly recommend activating batch status.

You cannot consume material that is in QI stock to a process order.  Sorry.  For you to do anything with the stock, the inventory has to be removed from QI.

This is one of the reason batch status is utilized.  You can restrict the batch which prevents it's sale.  But you can rework it.  And you should be able to issue it t the subcontractor.  But I have to admit, I don't think I have ever specifically tested that particular scenario.  But I have had the restricted material issued to a process order.  Once that is done, I would then think it shouldn't be a problem to do the subcontracting order.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vero,

You can think of creating a virtual storage location for rework say REWK, where you will transfer the material to unrestricted use of REWK for sending to rework. You can restrict the certain material movement type to specific users for this storage location through basis module, so that it would not used for any purpose other than rework and can have separate records of usable and non usable materials.

Since you are NOT consuming this defective  material for any manufacturing purpose and bringing it to unrestricted (for sending to rework), there should not be any problem. You can mention proper documentation and justification for this while carrying out each movement. I would suggest to have discussion and conclusions with concerned departments for formulating the process considering business aspects and to address any unidentified issue.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments.

In order to understand, then, your recomendation is : to release the stock from unrestricted at Company "X" , to create other storage location and move the stock for there; after, to restrict the certain material movement type to specific users for this storage location through basis module.

Then execute the subcontracting intercompany scenario to transfer the stock from Company "Y" for rework . In this scenario I have to post consumptions to rework order in Company "Y".

Finally, I should do the justification to explain the QM Department.

I'm I right ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Regards

Vero