cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stamping a file in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you know how do I can do to open a file of DMS, put some information within it and save it as a new file ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

I hope you are talking about changing  content of the original file for a document info record and saving the same as a newer version of the earlier document info record.

In DMS, the document info records (created in CV01N, changed in CV02N and displayed in CV03N transaction) contain the original documents.

I would suggest you the following steps:

1. Create the initial document info record CV01N, and attach the original document. Suppose I have created doc info record 10000003432, version 000, part 00 with document type R08.

2. Access CV01N again, with the same document info record, document type, version and part. System will give a popup "New version copied from R08  10000003432 000 00. Select 'continue'.

You now will be inside creation of document info record 10000003432, version 001, part 00 with document type R08. Note that the original file has also been copied.

3. Select the original document and click on change button:

(note the application 'ZWR' here, discussed later).

4. Change the original content and save the document info record. You now have document info record 10000003432, version 001, part 00 with the change content.

One prerequisite to this is you must set up the configuration for the application type 'change' (2) in SPRO -> Cross Application Components -> Document Management -> General Data -> Define Workstation Application

Here in 'define workstation application in network', you have to maintain the necessary settings for the combination of application and data carrier type, for the Application type '2'. One example that worked for me is:

Best Regards,

Rajen