cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA: Product not in Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed and configured two Solution Manager 7.1 systems in a two system landscape DEV and PRD.

In PRD system EWA does work, so in SDCCN the corresponding job is listed and also the job Service Preparation Check.

In DEV system EWA does not work although the configuration is the same I think.

As you can see the jobs EWA and Service Preparation Check are missing.

In the configuration of the Solution Manager of DEV you can see that the product is not in solution whereas in PRD the checkbox is activated.

In both systems I have configured the same configuration steps (Basic Configuration, System Preparation, Technical Monitoring, Managed System Configuration).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must add the logical component of your Deveolpement system to the solution.

Just double click the solution add the logical componet details opens on the next screen

Follow the Steps below,

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jasni,

thank you for the information. I will configure it referred to the guide.

But I am interested to know whether a second solution is needed for the DEV system. I thought that the existing solution is sufficient for the two system landscape. Isn't it???

Thanks,

Veysel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veysel,

In same solution add the Dev logical comonent and active the EWA alert.( also check in SDCCN whether SAP EarlyWatch Alert is active in task list, after dev EWA active)

Also check in smsy ->Enviroment ->Solution manager opration -> Administration SDCCN, whetehr DEV system is added.

Once added Maintenance Package is active .

Normally re-execute the Managaed system setup, so it will solve all the issue.

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, one solution s enough, just add your dev logical compoent.

Thx,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the logical component was already added in the solution. See the screenshot

By the way in the PRD system it looks alike. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Thanks

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your Dev system have you set the solution to Productive, but defined your Dev SolMan as Dev?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SOLMAN_EWA_Admin, check whether the Dev system in the active state for EWA generation ?

Rg,

Karthik

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

H Veysel,

The solution must be set to send all data.

1. Goto Solution manager administration work center->solution

2.Select the solution and click solution data settings

3.Select send all data option

Now your Dev systems are active for EWA.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for all the tips. I have set "all data" in the data settings and the service is active too.

In SCC4 the DEV system is declared as Customizing and in the solution manager the system role is productive. Should I change the system role to DEV? ANd how can I do that?

Thanks.

Bye

Message was edited by: Veysel Imamoglu

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veysel,

Currentlly the system role has been assigned to production in the logical component.So it's coming in the above screen. Change the syetem role in the logical component to development in the solution.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thank you. In The solution I click on system roles. Here I can't remove the productive system (it's grey) but I have added the DEV system as you can see in the screenshot.

What is the correct procedure to change the system role?

Thanks,

Veysel

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Veysel,

Change the leading role of the solution to development and then add the logical component to the development system role

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I am interested to know whether a second solution is needed for the DEV system. I thought that the existing solution is sufficient for the two system landscape. Isn't it???

Hello Veysel,

If you are using two systems solman DEV and solman PRD.

and if you wish to see the same solution in both the systems, then you must perform either way

1. you must configure a SOLUTION in both the systems (or)

2. you must create a SOLUTION in DEV and then transport it to PRD.

second one may be complicated since you donot have a default option to transport the SOLUTION as you have it for ROLES, TABLES, SNOTES & SUPPORT PACKS, etc..

Hope this helps,

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I cannot change the role. I only can add some more system roles but cannot change the leading role P.

By the way is that necessary to add the SLD of the production system in the SLD of the DEV system?

In the production SLD I have added the SLD of the DEV system. In the past a solution manager expert said that manually changes in SMSY are not recommended, it should be triggered by the SLD ideally.

Regards,

Veysel

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAPGUI use tx 'smsy' and then review the screenshot.

When you tie a logical component to a Solution it becomes active and you can not change the leading role.  Create a new Solution and set the leading role, or remove the logical components from the Solution so you can change the leading role.