cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change entry point properties of role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to change the value in entry point properties of the role using webdynpro java application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am try to change the value of entry point properties in role and able to find 2 method to changing the role attribute value.

Below are the 2 methods.

1)role.setAttribute.

2)role.setBinaryAttribute

If give below method ,will able to change value of entry point properties in role. But the value of entry point  changing to string data type instead of change the value of check box.

After change the entry point ,not able see the check box in entry point attribute.

Method:role.setAttribute("com.sap.portal.pcd.role", "EntryPoint",new String[]{"FALSE"} );

The above method is working for description change.

Kindly advice how to change the value of entry point properties in role

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Entry point  is an iView/role property. Its a surprising request to edit it from the application.

However, If you have such requirement, try to use  PCD APIs.

Refer the document in the link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/508baf88-9335-2d10-efa6-c6ad61...

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using EP7.31 version and not able to find below jar for getting the PCD api.

com.sap.portal.ivs.api_iview_api.jar

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Check if you are able to find this jar file at this path:

/usr/sap/<System>/J<Instance_Number>/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.ivs.api_iview/

servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.ivs.api_iview/root/WEB-INF/lib

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the reply.

Only user management api require for role editing.below are the sap help link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/c5/edcc3a13b64f869d51e23abb87030f/content.htm?framese...

Below code for using editing the role properties.

IRole role=rolefactory.getroleByUniquename("pcd:portal/content/com.test.test_role");

role.setAttribute("com.sap.portal.pcd.role","EntryPoint",new String[]{"false"});

Since the value passing as string  in the code, entry point value of the role is saving as string instead of check box(boolean).So somebody help me how we can pass the value as boolean .

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to build value using class Boolean.

Ex:

Boolean boolean1 = Boolean.valueOf("true");

boolean boolean2 = Boolean.parseBoolean("true");

However, still not sure how the portal will interpret or allow

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath thanks for your reply.I am not able to find the method for passing boolean value to role properties.Below method will allow only string as value.Please help.

role.setAttribute("com.sap.portal.pcd.role","EntryPoint",new String[]{"false"});