Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send BA00 as mail attachement

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to send BA00 documents as mail attachement to external recipients. The problem is, that not al recipients are maintained and the external mail adresses should be inserted by the user manually when adding BA00 as output to an invoice.

What is the right way to do this? Choose "5- external mail" or "7 - simple mail" ?

Thanks ahead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually,the basis guy will set up the settings to send the mail from SAP to external recipient .I request you ask your Basis guy on this requirement .Please have a look int below transactions SCON,SCOT,SBWP,SMICM,SO16,SWEL and SU01 ( you need to maintain mail id in this transaction).I think,you may not have authorization on this transactions.

Kindly, let me know If you want any further help on this.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bernd,

mail adresses should be inserted by the user manually when adding BA00 as output to an invoice.

Have you made a typo with BA00? Should it have been RD00?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Kundan - the instructions you've obviously copy/pasted from somewhere are for the Purchasing output, not for the sales output. I'm sure you'd agree it's not fair to mislead the OP in such way.

Bernd, 'External Mail' is the right medium for the email. I've not seen such functionality implemented on practice, but I've read on SCN that it's possible to use output to printer MAIL that allegedly allows entering an email address for every output manually. Look it up.

But also check what output program is assigned to this output since your options might actually be limited by what that program allows. In standard, output is supposed to be sent to a specific partner.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

But also check what output program is assigned to this output since your options might actually be limited by what that program allows. In standard, output is supposed to be sent to a specific partner.

Could you please explain the above in more detail?

Also, the OP's requirement is to manually insert email addresses during the creation of an output (email). How is that linked with "specific partner"?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW, there is no magic in SAP - only ABAP. If output is sent by email then it's only because it's programmed to do so. What I found from my experience is that sometimes there is a custom output program assigned that simply is missing functionality needed to email output. This is especially the case with the sales output where SAP really phoned it in on the Smartforms (Billing is usually OK) and programs.

As I've mentioned (and this old post also confirms) there is no standard functionality to enter email for every output individually. Output is sent to the specific partner and email should be maintained in the partner's master record.

Here is some more information on the MAIL printer that I've mentioned. I'd be curious if this option worked for OP.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

As per your requirement, you have to select "5-External Mail". So check and confirm the same.

Regards,

Kundan

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

I tried "External Mail" but I am not sure about the partner and the function I should choose.

The processing log says, that the "communication type cannot be used".

Thanks ahead,

Bernd