cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrofit for BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently looking on setting up Dual Track landscape and also looking at tooling support to ensure transport requests are synchronized. The landscape comprises of ERP, SRM, BO, BW, Portal, PI, BPC, etc. We are planning to set up CTS+ on Solution Manager system and also enable Change Management to ensure development/customizing objects remains synchronized across tracks.

With reference to the blog http://scn.sap.com/people/hannes.kerber/blog/2013/06/14/retrofit-supportability-of-objects, I wanted to ask about support for  BW retrofit within Solution Manager. Hannes mentioned that we need to get in touch with SAP (no specific person though) for further details. Is anyone experienced in the area of retrofit tooling support for BW?

Thanks and regards,

Shehryar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shehryar,

I could also highlight even Charm process for Bw landscape is quite different, like In BW we could use only urgent corrections, cant use import all/projects, if TR fails, pre/post activity during import, more specific consideration for TR sequence.

Retrofit cant deal with Auto import for the object detected as conflict, with the risk higher in BW env. might be this is the reason he said to contact SAP directly.

Please check more here SAP Library - SAP Solution Manager

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000413492011E

But I could also like to hear more from SAP itself, can , help much info?

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks a lot for the response. Yes, it would be great to hear more from SAP for guidelines on Dual Track configuration for non-ERP applications like BW, BPC, PI, Portal, etc., especially as HUB type systems may or may not be split in Dual track. I know the recommendation from SAP is to replicate all systems but this might not be practical from TCO point of view.

For example, Project Development Portal can connect with multiple systems across Project and BAU tracks, especially if object naming conventions are adhered to properly. Also for PI, as long as the testing cycles do not overlap, we can use the same PI system to support more than one releases. Similarly for MDM.

But irrespective of whether all systems are part of the Dual Track setup or not, there are limited guidelines available from SAP on how to best approach software change management in such landscapes especially BW, BO, BPC...or may be I am unable to find the information. There is good information on NWDI track set up for Java based systems though.

Regards.

Answers (0)