cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Web service not getting the response back from provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to ABAP Webservices. I have created a web service consumer in SAP and I am trying to access the webservice of a 3rd party interface.

I loaded the WSDLfile provided by them and created a consumer proxy using wizard and logical port using transaction LPCONFIG.

I created a HTTP connection to External server in SM59 and the connectivity to the external system works fine.

When I tried to test the webservice using the proxy I don't get a response from the External service provider.

Code Attached Below

* proxy stuff

TRY.

* CREATE proxy using the SM59 HTTP entry

CREATE OBJECT proxy

EXPORTING

logical_port_name = 'ZICL_PORT'.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault INTO ex_ref.

ai_system_fault = ex_ref->get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

IF ai_system_fault IS INITIAL.

TRY.

CALL METHOD proxy->xx_update_xxxx

EXPORTING

input = input

IMPORTING

output = output.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault INTO ex_ref.

ai_system_fault = ex_ref->get_text( ).

CATCH cx_ai_application_fault INTO ex_ref.

ai_application_fault = ex_ref->get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

When I test the webservice directly from the class or from my program I do not get any response on the output structure. However my message reaches the destination and they are responding my message.

I debugged the standard SAP code and found the message appearing in XML format on the method GET_HTTP_HEADERS of class CL_SOAP_HTTP_TPBND_ROOT. However the message from the service provider does not appear on the output structure.

Could I request you experts to let me know what the issue could be and how to get this fixed.

Your help Highly appriciated,

Many thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Shiva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jitendra_it
Active Contributor

Hello Sivakumar,

However my message reaches the destination and they are responding my message.

How you checked that ?

However the message from the service provider does not appear on the output structure.

If you are getting messages from service then it may be structure mismatch to display.

Check the latest WSDL from provider.

Also , the input you are providing , doesn't have any output in provide system. this can also be a       issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra,

Many Thanks for your time and effort on this.

I spoke to the 3rd party to check if they could see my data reaching them and they have confirmed that they could see my data reaching their server.

They also confirmed that they process the date and send back the processed status back to SAP. However I could not see the response data in my output structure. So I debugged the code to find an XML reaching SAP with the response data.

I created the consumer web services in SAP using the WSDL provied by them.

I don't understand your last point "the input you are providing , doesn't have any output in provide system" what do you mean by that because I expect the output in the below output structure.

CALL METHOD proxy->xx_update_xxxx

EXPORTING

input = input

IMPORTING

output = output.

Many thanks for all your time and effort on this..

Cheers,

Shiva....

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sivakumar,

You can check the whole cycle in SRT_UTIL.

Go to SRT_UTIL tcode and add user using which you are calling the service.

After that activate the Payload Trace and save the config.

Now call the service and check srt_util.