cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to give DB path in AS Java 7.3 EPHI 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am facing a issue while installing the SAP Netweaver AS Java 7.3 EPHi 1. My database is on a different server. While installing as a Distributed System, i am getting stuck (prob : database not found). Where should i give the path. Its not asking for anything and by default picking up the host computer name as DB hostname.

How to get it resolved?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you mean to say that you want to use already existing DB instance  (instance IDMDV01) ?

SAPInst will take only 3 characters DB instance.

You just to provide the inputs requested by SAPInst and it will take care of creating the DB instance as well. So it is not required to create DB instance manually.

Regards,

Denish

Former Member
0 Kudos

But for me the DB instance(IDMDV01) has already been created. Is there no way I can use it. Also, how to take care of RAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installation is expecting 3 characters long DB <SID>. But our DBA has prepared our DB instance like IDMDV01 as per Oracle naming convention. Is it mandetory to have only 3 chars long db <SID>?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to install Oracle following the guidelines on the installation guide!

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have oracle 11 g installed in RAC, and we are planning to use it while installing AS Java in different server

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a distributed system you usually install the SCS, then the DB and then the Apllication Server.  Sounds to me you are trying to install the application server first.

What DB are you working with?, what procedure have you followed?...  All the installation details for a distributed system are on the Installation Guide.

Regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I first installed the SCS and then DB. We are having the DB instance. It is asking for DBSID. Looks like it asks for creation but we are already having a instance

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply give sapinst the DB<SID>, as long as it does not ask for the RDBMS you know you are in the right track 😄