cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1- SLD Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We have Solution Manager 7.01 and, as its support is finshing at the end of this year, we are planning to upgrade to version 7.1. We plan to install it as a new installation, we are not going to upgrade it because it seems to be difficult. We will install it and then configure everything. I have an inquiry realted to SLD configuration that I would like to ask you.

The actual Solution Manager (7.01) is the central SLD for the ERP systems (development, test and production), and for the BI systems (development, test and production); and, on the other hand, each Portal system (development, test and production) has its own SLD. Which is the best (or more recommended...) method for the System Landscape Directory configuration when I install the new Solution Manager 7.1?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the SAP recommendation and option available in SLD  mapping.

SAP recommendation

Option:2 having multiple SLD

Option:3, not SAP recommended

Option:4, if no central SLD.

So you can choose option:1 as SAP recommended ( central SLD or option 2).

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik.

I think I wll choose option 1, so the central SLD will be the new Solution Manager 7.1. Do I have to indicate it in the Solution Manager 7.1 installation?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you are chossing option 4, because using Local SLD(solman SLD). the solman local SLD is configued during initial setup after installtion .

option 1 is remote or cental SLD like PI system SLD.

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have PI (Earlier known as XI) in your landscape, It is always recommended to have PI as the central SLD, due to various reasons such as high availablity.

However there is no harm in having solution manager SLD(  local SLD ) as central sld. 

if your landscape is very complex, please choose the PI running in high availablity server else proceed with local sld.

You can have some idea for planning

And if you plan to use the other PI system as central SLD, configuration details refer here

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi. We don´t have neither PI nor XI and the landscape is not very complex:

ERP landscape:          DEV   -->  TST --> PROD

BI landscape:               DEV   -->  TST --> PROD

Portal landscape:         DEV   -->  TST --> PROD

Solution Manager:        SLM

When I start installing 'Solution Manager 7.1' at the SLD destination point, I am asked to select between 'Register in existing central SLD' or 'Configure a local SLD'. If I want this new 'Solution Manager 7.1' to be the central SLD, do I have to select the central SLD option or I have to use another existing system?

Best regards