SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need more information about TSW

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a opening for IS-Oil TSW can anyone explain  what is TSW since some candidates have done through SD and Some with MM exposure

or can TSW can be worked in both modules  feel free to mail me

Thanks

Sara

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Please refer to the below link for basic conceptual understanding of TSW.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

TSW is not module dependent, though it is been preferred by SD guys due to extensive supply chain involvement.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

TSW is a module mainly for Bulk Scheduling and Distribution.

It is BOTH SD and MM relevant and even individual without SD and MM can be core TSW consultants

It is main part of the IS Oil Downstream process and covers Midstream also.

TSW with HPM is IS-Oil relevant details

Some notes for QCI :

308022    FAQ: QCI  - Quantity Conversion Interface

If the person knows these 2 he has worked on IS Oil [can be considered no one can guarantee].

Some Important aspects

Stock Projection Worklist

Location Balancing

Formula Average Pricing

I hope it helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

TSW is trader's and scheduler's workbench. This module is basically used for the purpose of communication and planning of bulk shipments either electronically or manually. We can use functionality of TSW in MM as well as SD. There are many features available under TSW like Planning tools i.e. Stock Projection worksheet, Location Balancing and Scheduling tools i.e. Three Way Pegging etc. We can use these features in the freight contract with shipping companies and assign the Freight Purchase Order for Shipment purpose during Pegging. In SD, we can link the Sales Order with TSW details as well.

So, it depends on the purpose of using the feature of TSW in MM and SD.

Thanks

Kumar