Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data from MDM to SharePoint portal

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to export MDM data to SharePoint in excel format on regular intervals. In our landscape there is no PI and FTP is also not to be used (as per policy).

What possible options can be looked at in such instances ?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

My project uses almost similar approach to few syndication maps.

Few things to clear:

First, you cannot syndicate Excel file via syndicator. You could extract data via flat/xml file and convert that to other format (Excel) once file reaches sharepoint.

Secondly, I hope MDM landscape has a common path (distribution folders) to which files are syndicated to ready folders of appropriate ports in outbound remote system.

From here you can ask UNIX team to sweep the file and place that in the sharepoint location. I knew UNIX has this cabability but not sure how it works.

This approach is applied to few customized maps who have similar requirement of not using PI due to various policy frameworks.

Please check and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ali

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ali for your reply.

First, it is ok for us to extract data via flat/xml and we will convert to excel thereafter.

Second, We have ready folder to appropriate ports, we need help in picking up the file from the ready folder using java API please let us know how to achieve. Sharepoint is in windows system and MDM is in Unix we are not sure about how unix will place file in sharepoint.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I ain't sure on Java API process(hope there are documents available). I have heard of connect direct method in UNIX for file transfer. Generally they say file from MDM will be swept by UNIX.  I will try to gather more information while we work through this.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Based on what I read in this discussion I think MDM can send csv or xml to a port.

And from here you wish to pick file and carry out further activity using Java APIs.

Although this can be achieved using Java APIs but you may want to weigh it by using UNIX as suggested as it could be simpler that way.Please go through these links -

http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/157326-mail-csv-file-excel-sheet.html

http://search.cpan.org/~jmcnamara/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/

The above forum can also help with some resources for this code.

Thanks,

Ravi