cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Cache - Unable to refresh cache contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having trouble refreshing my runtime cache. Here's some screen prints of the issue.. Please have a look and tell me what I can do if anyone knows. I checked my connections and RFC /users but all that is working fine.. This is 7.3 system. I've been on google and sdn since yesterday and went through a dozen of troubleshooting guides for all sorts of cache issues but nothing helps..

Thanks,

Jan

http://photostand.co.za/images/c9tbujb6lk9uogbl0o9.jpg

http://photostand.co.za/images/c9tbujb6lk9uogbl0o9.jpghttp://photostand.co.za/images/5krfgx7god8q8umnpsw.jpg

http://photostand.co.za/images/gehmfyma0qgufrzh8yfb.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

could you find out which object is causing the problem? Have you made changes recently? Is this a problem you've always had or has it just popped up recently? I guess you've already tried restarting the server, right? Are other caches ok? CPACache, for example?

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

It's a new system so only a few objects was created on it. The problem did start after some objects was created and deleted. But I see there's some errors on the user maintenance as well. Just not sure what exactly. If I look at the runtime cache settings it tells me the Logon Data is Not maintained correctly. I've checked the other caches and they seem okay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

well, in your screenshot it says that the password in your SM59 connection is initial. Maybe you should set it to the correct value and try again.

This error "HTTP response does not contain a valid XML..." probably happens, because the service response is not a valid XML response, but an error HTML page like the HTTP 401 screen.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jörg, I'll check it out with the basis team and give some feedback.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Please re-enter the user name and the password and test the RFC connection.

Cache issue:

Did you re-start the Server, if not restart it. sometimes it will work.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,,

The user used in your RFC Destination has problem.Check if the user has locked and you can try again.

Also once your user is unlocked you try to check the RFC Destination connectivity test.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

Thanks they maintained the password and the cache is now sorted 🙂

Regards,

Jan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm still waiting on our basis team for feedback. I'm tanking on the role of semi-basis guy at the project since there's a lack of PI basis knowledge here..which is fine with me cause I do learn allot. I checked the user I'm not sure to why it's password is initial but all the tests are okay. Is there some default password for this user? I've asked them to restart the system once they've maintained the RFC user.

I have another problem, in sxmb_moni I'm unable to view any messages. I get this error:

Thanks,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

it looks like your message is still in the message list, but not in the background tables storing versions, payload etc. Is this the case for all messages? If so, I don't know the reason, better solve the cache issue first (without the cache no message will work in Integration Engine, anyway).

User and password for this PIISCPD user were probably set on installation. Your basis colleagues should know the password. However, it is a bit strange to see that you receive an HTTP 200 on test. That means it passed authorization test. But better maintain it, it may be used later on for the cache refresh. Is the client correct? 300 is a bit unusual for a PI integration client. If you are allowed to perform changes, you could also check the "current user" checkbox if your own user is strong enough. You can also try to call the URL in your browser and see if that works (that won't update your cache, but give you maybe more information if the service is available and responding).

Regards,

Jörg

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might be related to FQDN (fully qualified domain name) usage and its mismatch while doing cache refresh. Please point this to your basis team to validate.

cheers

Ambrish