cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers in LE-WM Physical Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to know if there is possible to maintain stock taking with serial numbers or not?

If yes, How can I activate this function as I have searched in WM configuration and I couldn't find anything related to serial number.

I have serial number management activated in IM and Configuration is done in OIS2 have "MMSL" Procd and I have set the serial number usage to 03- must be assigned.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search prior to asking redundant questions, this is a very frequently asked question (above 100 hits)  however, not really many who had asked have ever closed their discussion and not given any feedback if the given solutions worked out.

SAP has issued OSS notes, please review them for a solution:

OSS note 409544 - Serial Number Inventory for WM-Administered Storage Location

and

484788 - LX23: Workaround for clearing difference with serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

First, I would like to thank you for the fast response.

Second, I am an SAP consultant for over than six years, and this is my first post as I usually check all posts prior asking, but I was about to implement an obsolete note 01029330 & the correction 01047465.

That's why I posted this question, to be quiet sure for the right scenario.

Thanks once again.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution doesn't make sense for me, where I couldn't enter the serial number in count result, also ZIQ10 can only be used in IM and WM doesn't support serial numbers in putaway and picking strategies, so I believe that I will only activate ZLI21 in order to clear the differences in IM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have implemented OSS note 409544, but I haven't found the serial number field.

The system also is asking me to enter a reason for movement types 701 &702 as it is mandatory in  T156 - KZGRU, but I dont know where to enter the reason in T code LI21.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LI21 is linked to report, this RLLI2110 report cannot take serial numbers, you need a ZLI21 which is linked to RLLI2100 

see OSS Note 559531 - Foreground processing in LI21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

Hi

I have checked the forum for answers on this topic and also looked at the SAP note you kindly provided, The programme RLLI2100 certainly allows me to enter serial numbers BUT the issue I have and I suspect so do the other guys is this

If you have serial number managed parts in IM only and you have a loss in counting the MI07 transactions makes you enter the serial numbers you DO have and therefore can work out the one or ones that have been lost BUT when you count with WM and use se38 and RLL12100 you need to enter the serial number of the one or more that have been lost and obviously you do not know the answer to that as it is lost,

So I am confused as to how we get round this scenario

Thanks in advance for any input

Frenchy

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not designed nor written this program, just tried to answer the questions.

If it is a big headache then it must be taken to SAP.

Unfortunately many companies  just develop own  programs as workaround and SAP may never know that there is a higher demand for something better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen

Thanks for that, you are correct it is a big problem and my concern is that with the advent of EWM SAP will not spend a lot of time on supporting WM anymore, certainly if it involved developing a fix, I will raise an OSS note anyeay and see what comes of it, Thanks again

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use report RLLI2100 for clearing serial number inventory difference.

Best Of Luck!

Regards,

Milind Chaudhari