cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in MMBE after UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user did UD partial accept for an inspection lot (total quantity 2724KG) with 2701.3KG posted to UU (movement type 350) and 22.7KG (movement type 321) posted to Blocked stock. In MMBE, 2701.3KG is correctly displayed under UU but 22.7KG is displayed under Quality Inspection at batch level and 22.7KG under Blocked stock under Plant/Storage Location level. Something seems to be wrong here as 22.7KG should be under Blocked and not QI for the batch.

The problematic 22.7KG has been returned to customer from the 2701.3KG UU stock resulting inn 2678.6KG. Now, user needs to move the 22.7KG back to UU. How can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the end, SAP fixed the problem for us. This question is closed.

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kwang Hong Chang,

SAP Notes that you have given work fine, thanks

Best Regards,

KPG.

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kindly close question.

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Now I have the same problem.

I have upgraded SAP from 4.6c to 6.0 EHP6 last month. then I have the problem.

Please kindly find the pictures.

first picture is the inspection lot display.

you can see that total quantity 220 is sent to UR = 120 and Blocked = 100

this is show correctly.

but...

Second picture is stock report.

You can see the quantity that was sent to blocked still remain show in QI stock status at Batch level

and also show at Blocked stock at storage level.

Thanks and regards,

KPG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a solution for this.

I have contacted my SAP team and they told me that there are 2 SAP Notes that will fix the problem but it does not resolve the already existing issue that we are both facing now.

Please take a look at SAP Notes 1856697 and 1863145.

For the existing problem, my team asked me to try report ZQEVAC20 from SAP that can adjust the differences between MM and QM.

I tried on my side and it did list out the discrepancy for the 22.7kg. But when I tried to change the quantity by clicking the edit button, I get the same 'deficit' error.

Maybe you can try on your side to see if it works. But the SAP notes are created to prevent future problems from happening.

My team is still working on it. If I have any new findings, I will update here. Please also post here if you managed to find the solution.

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kwang Hong Change,

I very appreciate your help.

I will ask my technical guys to help implement SAP notes that you have suggested.

I will feedback here after that.

**I lucky that this problem is found during unit test phase (DEV server) of the project, it means that this problem not effect production system at the moment yet. so maybe i don't need to implement program ZQEVAC20.

Thanks and regards,

KPG.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the ZQEVAC20 identified the issue but couldn't fix it, then I would submit this to SAP for investigation and a solution.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed. My team is going to contact SAP to fix it. Seems like this is the only solution.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you find a resolution to this issue, please be kind enough to let us know the solution and any new OSS note or advice that SAP provides.

Thanks!

FF

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Do you have any update from SAP?

why this error suddenly happen in your PRD system?

Do you have any system upgrade before this error occur?

(for my case it happen after upgraded SAP from 4.6c to 6.0 EHP6)

I would like to know the solution from SAP.

Thank you.

KPG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My team is consolidating similar problems from other sites to get SAP to fix them once and for all.

I will update if there is any developments.

No upgrade as my client is already using ECC 6.0.

If the report I mentioned does not work, then it seems only SAP can fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I shall try to answer all the queries in this post.

This is not the first time user did this. Normally, when a portion of the goods are damaged, user enter the quantity in the blocked stock and the remaining in UU. After saving UD, system will automatically (not manually) make these 2 posting to UU and Blocked respectively. In fact, I did the same in QA environment and got the result that he mentioned. So this is a problem for me as I cannot replicate the issue again - could this be one-off incident?

This material only has inspection type 01 in material master QM view. When user realized the inconsistency, he tried to fix it by setting the batch status to restricted, hoping that somehow, the stock will get transferred correctly. Obviously, it didn't and so he set the batch status back to un-restricted again. This explains the movement type 341 and 342. These occurred after the inconsistency was found so shouldn't be of concern.

In MCHB, there is 22,7kg under Quality Inspection for batch 0000439277. However, in MARD, there is 22.7kg under Blocked for the storage location 0100. Obviously, something is wrong here.

As posted in my last post, I have already tried many movement types especially 321, 343 and 350 which some of you have suggested. None of these worked as the system keeps complaining there is a deficit either in Qual. Insp. or Blocked. I suspect due to the inconsistency, system assumes there is zero stock because I tried posting with just 0.1kg and same error still came up.

I couldn't run the discrepancy report as I do not have the authorization to use SE38 nor SA38. Today, I found a SAP note that seems to fit my problem - 1248511. But I checked the batch and found no more than one change documents with the content "Batch created" as explained in the note.

This is the stock posting lot. As you can see, it matches the material documents I posted earlier.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. you need to find someone to run that stock inconsistency report.

Whatever caused it may never be really known.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I look at the first MMBE screen you posted,  it shows 22.70 in blocked stock but it doesn't show what batch has that quantity.

Can you run SE16n and show the stock qty's in the MCHB table for batch 439277?

Have you tried running the stock discrepancy report yet I mentioned?

FF

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition, Qty. shown against the batch is also not available in header.

Strange, isn't it ??

Regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post stock posting log? 

This should provide a list of the material documents.  I won't be surprised if there is a difference between what is shown in the stock posting log, versus what you posted here in the material document list.

Do display the UD stock posting log, go to QA12, enter the lot number.  Then from the menu select GOTO-->Stock posting Log 

The postings and their related material documents should be listed at the bottom of the log.

We'll review this list of material documents against the list of material documents shown in the material document list you already posted.

FF

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI chang,

i think you can understand lot status as per below linked, because once you do UD posting then you need to transfer manual with Mvt . 343

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/25/283a734f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's probably a good time to consider implementing the stock inconsistency report.

OSS Note: 48815 - Checking possible inconsistencies between MM and QM    

If you run the report, it will list any issues first.  You can cancel at that point, or select an item to process, if any.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses.

This is not the first time my user is doing this (i.e. UD partial accept with posting to UU and Blocked stock) but is the first time he encountered this issue where Blocked stock at storage location level and higher while QI stock at batch level.

I have tried to replicate the scenario in my QA system but it worked fine with the 22.7kg all showing under Blocked stock for batch, storage location, plant level. Not sure why it only happened for this particular incident.

I am posting more screenshots as what some of you have requested. To summarize what my user did:

1) GR from purchase order 2724kg

2) Did inspection and found 22.7kg damaged

3) Set UD as partial accept with 2701.3kg to UU and 22.7kg to Blocked

4) System posted 2701.3kg to UU but 22.7kg went to QI at batch level while Blocked at storage location/plant level

5) Needs to return damaged 22.7kg to vendor but system prevented any goods movement for the 22.7kg

6) So user withdraw 22.7kg from UU stock instead and returned the damaged 22.7kg goods to vendor; resulting UU to have 2678.6kg

Now user wants to put the 22.7kg Blocked stock back to UU to account for the return to vendor. We have tried several goods movement type in MIGO including 321 (last screenshot), 350 and 343 but system just complained that there is deficit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to respective batch in MSC2N and change the batch status from restricted to unrestricted.

Now, go to MB1B and enter movement type 343 with quantity 22.7 KG. (Check in MMBE under blocked stock also).

This should solve your problem I suppose.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

This is very strange case for me as I have never seen this behavior before. I looked at all the movements but could not understand why the 341/342 are posted. I feel this may be the cause & I'm exploring for possibilities and solutions.

By the time you would want to explore this transaction with the user. 

Regards,

ntn

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you tell us how many inspection type is active on this materials.

Please list them.

Generally material goes to restricted status when batch status management is  active.

For solution do as suggested by Sudhakar.

regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kwang,

What I understood is now u want to transfer material from Block stock to Unrestricted use.

Use MB1B 344 mvt type and check.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the QM inventory posting with UD settings for moment type is maintained or not for To Block stock option.

Spro-->QM-->Quality inspection-->inspection lot completion-->Define inventory posting.    

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, it sounds like the 22.7 Kg was never actually posted to blocked stock.  Can you provide a screen shot of the UD stock posting log?  That should also show the material document number created for the 321 move.  If you don't see this, go into QA12 and see if there is still 22.7kg showing in the "To Post" quantity.  My guess is that there is.  Since you already made the return, you can now just post this to UR and then your MMBE should be correct. 

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chang,

As per my understanding from your screen shot, the user have posted 2701.3KG qty while doing doing the usage decision, as i have tried to simulate your case & in my case the stock is clearly going into Blocked stock & Unrestricted stock

I have also tried to simulate your case for batch 1234 in below snap shot

This only happens when i do Usage decision of partial quantity. So again for the usage decision for same material & post the remaining quantity into unrestricted stock

Regards

Anupam

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

Looking at your screenshot, it seems that Total quantity of the batch 2724 Kg is still present in your plant. Let me mention the steps your user followed and correct me if I understood it other ways,

1. User posted the 2701.3 Kg to unrestricted and other 22.7 Kg to block stock.

2. Then 22.7 Kg from unrestricted was returned to customer. Therefore, unrestricted qty is shown as 2678.6.Correct ?

Now this additional qty which is lying in Quality stock is problematic.

If you want this Quality stock back in UU, you can shift the material using MB1B by 321 movement.

There could be few observations,

1. Either user had not posted total stock to UU during UD (in this case, pl follow what Manish has told).
  2. Something happened during return process and this material came back to Quality stock. For this, I would need more info or let some expert comment on this. 

Kindly post a snapshot of MB51 for this batch so that all movements can be seen to understand this better??? 

Regards,

ntn

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the qty of inspection lot assigned to 439277 in QA12 then post the qty to desired place.

regards

Manish

Former Member