Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename encoding from content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I need your help. As storage our documents for ERP we use content server. I observe problem for example I try to open in sbwp in shared folders file with name "Роли-транзакции MM.xls". On first time it  opens without any problem. Then I try open this file or other I see message "file is not found <name of file>". When i go in sapworkdir (or sapgui) folder I see file with filename like  this "####-##########MM_20130919063339.006_X.xls". But the files with English letters in the file name opens correct. I understand that the problem is somewhere in the content server, but where?

4 REPLIES 4

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

do you use Unicode for both ERP and content server system ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

HI Nils,

Yes, both systems is unicode

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Do you do all the activities with logon language RU and a Windows front end system where the system code page is based on Cyrillic? If not, please retry with a "completely localized" setup.

The fact that the Russian characters are converted to #-symbols indicate that somewhere there is a conversion from Unicode --> Non-Unicode (probably Latin-1 - maybe based on logon language) and this fails.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with content server - and these kind of problems are difficult to be analyzed without direct debugging on the system. Therefore I think it is the best if you raise a customer message  at SAP.

Or maybe there is someone who knows content server very well and might be able to help ...

Best regards,

Nils

0 Kudos

Hi Nils.

Yes, all activity on cyrillic.  In fact of the whole matter, that at first time filename correct - in cyrillic, but in others  cases with char "#"