Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion for creating Upgrade Add-On for a system upgrade

former_member192895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am quite new to this profile. I have a query. Please help me to sort out this issue.

Requirement:

Client has upgarded SAP system from SAP NW/BI 7.30 to SAP NW/BI 7.31.We, as a part of third company, had already provided an ABAP Add-On which is there on 7.30 system.As they upgraded, we have to provide them new version of Add-On. So how should we proceed?

Q1. Do we need to create a new namespace for creating the upgarde version of Add-on?

Q2.If no, how can we use the old namespace & what are all steps we have to take?

Q3. Can we chnage the old delivery name to new with new software compenent?

Please help to resolve this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sauravchetry
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Answers to your questions,

Q1. Do we need to create a new namespace for creating the upgarde version of Add-on?

Not required. You would be using the software component and namespace that you used during AOI creation.

Q2.If no, how can we use the old namespace & what are all steps we have to take?

The steps to provide an upgrade file to your customer is same as creating the installation file. In this case you will need to prepare the AOX file intead of AOI. If you have signed up for certification/recertification, your ICC consultant can help you more on this matter.

Q3. Can we chnage the old delivery name to new with new software compenent?

Again, new software component is not required if you are only thinking of an upgrade file and not a new installation file. You need to make changes to the delivery name to reflect the upgrade.

Best Regards,

Saurav