cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager patch upgrade from sp04 to sp08

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are planning to upgrade solution manager patch  from sp04 to sp08. Currently solution manager is configured with Service Desk, CHARM,EWA,Test Management.

I would like to know, after upgrade to SP08 patch are all my earlier configuration of Service Desk, CHARM,EWA,Test Management.will it work fine?

Kindly suggest,

Thank you

Nithin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

I think your earlier configuration of Service Desk, CHARM,EWA,Test Management.should work fine after SP08 upgrade, but there are few things you need to be aware about:

1. There is a new SAP Master Note for Change Request Management 7.10, SP8 0001775258, which need to be implemented. Prior to this note implementation you need to perorm the activities, mentioned in the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/05/24/common-issue-with-sn...

It should save you some time and avoid some troubles.

2. I've also  noticed some 'bugs' in RfC's approval procedures settng after the upgrade, but this is probably due to my client's specific configuration of CHARM.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Dmitry

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin

There is no impact during SP upgrades ....we have done so many times so far never noticed any such impact which hamper the system

one recommendation is to post upgrade just execute or recheck the status

typically when do 7.0 to 7.1 then only it is heavily impact because entire Service Desk/ChaRM needs re-implementation

EWA and Test management are not impacted as except in SP08 you get CBTA as well which is not present in sp04

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks prabhakar..

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks and no problem happy to help you

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

If you used custom transcation type for ITSM, ChaRM it will distrube after upgrade.

Also after upgarde if u like use the new feature,  use the repoer AI_CRM_CPY_PROCTYPE and update the transcation type to latest SP level features.

Normally EWA will not affect after upgrade.

Rg,

Karthik